• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

he said he "didn't get a call"....maybe he got an e-mail...:preach:

Exactly.  He would not answer the yes/no question as to if he was in it or not (because he didn’t want to flat out lie, I’m guessing).  But good for him for trying to put the genie back in the bottle and have there be some surprises for people.  I’ll tell you what... if he IS in it, that podcast performance? It’s almost like he’s ... I don’t know... an ACTOR or something.  It was THAT good.  LOL

On 4/21/2021 at 6:00 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

You're confused. What I had argued last week or so was that if Sony won't let Spider-Man stream on Disney+, then Disney will no longer make the Spider-Man films and the character is done in the MCU after No Way Home. That Spider-Man couldn't stream on Disney+ seemed to be the case when Sony had apparently signed an exclusive streaming deal with Netflix. Apparently it wasn't exclusive after all and now Sony will indeed let SPider-Man stream on Disney+ for 3 billion, which changes everything again. My entire argument about Disney's stance on Spider-Man was based on Disney+ not having access to Spider-Man.

You've actually argued for 2 years now that Carol Danvers' Captain Marvel will be the face of the Avengers and Marvel Phase 4, and specifically that Spider-Man will not be.

Between this deal and the announcement that Captain Marvel 2 will actually be called "The Marvels" and likely feature Carol, Monica and Khamala, I'm thinking you are, in fact, incorrect.

4 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

You've actually argued for 2 years now that Carol Danvers' Captain Marvel will be the face of the Avengers and Marvel Phase 4, and specifically that Spider-Man will not be.

Between this deal and the announcement that Captain Marvel 2 will actually be called "The Marvels" and likely feature Carol, Monica and Khamala, I'm thinking you are, in fact, incorrect.

How can I be incorrect if it hasn’t happened yet? I’m not sure if I said anything about the face of the MCU as I’m not sure what that means, but I still say Carol Danvers will be at the forefront of the MCU. The facts: Carol Danvers was referenced in almost every episode of WandaVision which guest starred one of her supporting characters. Carol Danvers’ best friend is the founder of the MCU’s new SHIELD, SWORD. Carol Danvers has two major Disney+ shows, Ms Marvel and Secret Invasion, which are tying in directly with her sequel film. No other major MCU character has as much current  tie-in around her character. Spider-Man has no tie-ins.  And, oh yeah, Kevin Feige himself said Carol Danvers will be at the forefront of the MCU. 

How is The Marvels film and the Sony streaming deal indicative that Carol Danvers won’t be at the forefront of the MCU of the future? Her sequel will be a team-up movie, but all the MCU films are team-up movies. That’s the model. Multiverse of Madness will be a team-up of Strange, Wanda, Jericho Drumm, Clea and whoever else. 

And as for rumors, a major rumor is that the next big Avengers villain Korvac may debut in The Marvels. Seems like a lot of stuff is centered around Captain The Name of Our Studio and Comic Book Company.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

I don't know, I don't think it is a good thing that she doesn't get top billing in her new movie.  It went from Captain Marvel 2 to just "The Marvels".  Now granted Captain Marvel 2 could have been a place holder, but still all the other big heroes had top billing; Iron Man, Captain America, Thor.

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

What I've argued is that Carol Danvers will be the next leader of the Avengers and at the forefront of the MCU of the future. Most of Phase Four seems to be about the building blocks of the next era of heroes or established heroes in their next phase of powering up, like Wanda or Sam Wilson.

Not attempting to argue with you.

But do you sign off at night feeling good about all the arguments you end up in concerning your fanatical support of the MCU?

4 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

You've actually argued for 2 years now that Carol Danvers' Captain Marvel will be the face of the Avengers and Marvel Phase 4

What I've argued is that Carol Danvers will be the next leader of the Avengers and at the forefront of the MCU of the future. Most of Phase Four seems to be about the building blocks of the next era of heroes or established heroes in their next phase of powering up, like Wanda or Sam Wilson.

55 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I don't know, I don't think it is a good thing that she doesn't get top billing in her new movie.  It went from Captain Marvel 2 to just "The Marvels".  Now granted Captain Marvel 2 could have been a place holder, but still all the other big heroes had top billing; Iron Man, Captain America, Thor.

But Carol Danvers' superhero name, Marvel, is still in the title. And I think the new title The Marvels is great. It immediately shows the inspiration/effect that not only Carol Danvers has on the other two budding heroes in the film, Kamala Khan and Monica Rambeau, but also I think acknowledges the inspiration of Anette Bening's Mar Vell. Putting an immediate superhero family around Carol Danvers also really gives her the supporting cast the character really needs and which hasn't been that established in the comics. Captain America had Falcon and Winter Soldier. Iron Man had War Machine and will have Ironheart. Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel now has her own little superhero family. I am sure, though, that Kamala and Monica will be more autonomous and less reliant on their matriarch hero in comparison to Falcon or War Machine whose characters served only to serve the adventures of Cap or Iron Man.But make no mistake, Carol Danvers will still be the figure head of Marvel's Marvel Family, much like Shazam was the head of his own Marvel Family over in Fawcett/DC.

1562522778_marvelfamily.thumb.jpg.c4aaee585280d92847b85c4cfc6a5187.jpg

Edited by @therealsilvermane

In honor of Holland's birthday on Tuesday, British radio station Capital posted a snippet of an old interview with the actor from 2017, right before Spider-Man: Homecoming debuted in theaters. In the TikTok (via Tom Holland News), Holland discussed the collaborative process he shared with Marvel, as he pitched various ideas for the movie.

"A lot of them they were like, 'No, dude, that's a terrible idea,'" Holland acknowledged with a laugh, though he added that some did make it in. When pressed for the ideas that were rejected, he joked, "Those scenes are like, 'I think we should have a really passionate sex scene,' and they're like, 'No, I don't think so!'"

:roflmao:

On 6/26/2021 at 7:32 PM, Sauce Dog said:

That photo looks like the last thing a child sees before being lured with candy into a white van.

This comment is the gift that keeps giving...I laughed hard when I first saw it yesterday, and I'm laughing even harder after seeing it again today...

That photo is beyond creepy!