• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 10:16 AM, Buzzetta said:

Again, we could not be in any more of a disagreement over this. 

See my comparisons above.  

I would lean toward agreement with you if they were trying to acquire DC or more characters outside of the Marvel stable.  However, Spider-man has been a Marvel character for almost sixty years.   This is not like they are trying to acquire something they don't already half own.  This is about the cinema rights in regard to a character they already own.   

I agree with Wolvy, that Disney has 'too much' influence in film. Deadpool 3 will be their first-ever Rated-R movie, IIRC, but I think it's being released under Fox Studios still?

They definitely don't have a monopoly, but they're too ever-present for my liking. I wish that Marvel and Star Wars were owned by someone else.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 8/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I agree with Wolvy, that Disney has 'too much' influence in film. Deadpool 3 will be their first-ever Rated-R movie, IIRC, but I think it's being released under Fox Studios still?

They definitely don't have a monopoly, but they're too ever-present for my liking. I wish that Marvel and Star Wars were owned by someone else.

That is something separate all together though and a more valid topic to discuss rather than Spider-man should be separated from other Marvel characters. 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:06 AM, Buzzetta said:

We could not have any greater degree of disagreement on this.   This statement is like saying, "I like Star Wars but Luke Skywalker should be controlled by another company so that Disney doesn't have a monopoly."  This is like saying, "I am a big fan of Charles Schulz' Peanuts Cartoon but someone else should have the rights to publish and control the Snoopy character so United Features Syndicate doesn't have a monopoly."  

Marvel does not have a monopoly.  Disney does not have a monopoly.

There are DC, Valiant, and Classics Media characters that are already being developed and are being explored for future opportunities.  Personally, I think the greatest untapped character out there is Turok the Dinosaur Hunter.  I raved the other day how much fun I found Jungle Cruise.   Turok could find its influence in Jumanji, Aliens, Jules Verne and a slew of other movies and literary work to be a franchise upon itself if the right director, actors, and screenwriters were attached. 

Marvel doesn't hold a monopoly over anything as we have seen this summer.  They have a vast character library that has been developed over the course of the past eighty some odd years. 

Love me some Turok!

That is a character you could take in a ton of different directions. High action/adventure eye-candy right there.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I definitely wish that Star Wars wasn't owned by Disney.

Three reasons they don't yet have a trailer:

1) It stinks(I personally doubt that)

2) It's going to be delayed

3) They're having a hard time putting together a trailer without spoiling so many of the surprises in the movie.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:59 AM, Larryw7 said:

3) They're having a hard time putting together a trailer without spoiling so many of the surprises in the movie.

Although not my favorite Peter Parker/Spider-Man, I'm going with this one.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:59 AM, Larryw7 said:

I'm thinking that they want to avoid taking attention away from Shang-Chi, and Chanel No. 5. So, it's either that they have poor condensed timing from pushing everything back and bunching it up, or, you could be correct via #3.