• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2021 at 7:07 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I don't think so.  Miles was established (kinda) in the MCU with Aaron Davis in Homecoming.  If I was to bet...a female Spider-man is the fourth portal.  With all the push for gender/racial inclusion in movies that would be the way to go.

***Don't know which Spider-Woman though(shrug)

It's a fan-made poster.

On 7/29/2021 at 5:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's a fan-made poster.

Nothing is real anymore:cry:

Now where's the trailer?!?!:sumo:  All these leaks and rumors about a trailer drop has all been wrong.  If you can't trust rumors, there's nothing left to trust.

***Still saying there's gonna be a fourth Spider-(Wo)Man in the movie

If Peter does find himself in legal hot water during Spider-Man: No Way Home, Matt Murdock's services will likely come in handy, but he shouldn't be the only Daredevil cast member to take part in Peter's legal affairs. Matt traditionally practices law with his best friend Foggy Nelson, and the two of them often are aided by Karen Page. Marvel TV and Netflix's Daredevil not only perfectly cast Charlie Cox as Matt, but Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll proved to be excellent choices for Foggy and Karen. Their close relationship in the comics and Daredevil means that they too need to return in Spider-Man: No Way Home. A trial centered around Spider-Man's secret identity is something that Matt would likely need help on, and having Foggy and Karen by his side would give him the support needed to win the case.

Even though Spider-Man: No Way Home's connectivity to Daredevil's continuity is unknown, the appearance of Foggy and Karen alongside Matt would actually line up incredibly well with how the third season of Netflix's show ended. The finale saw Matt, Foggy, and Karen mend their broken relationships and turn Nelson & Murdock into Nelson, Murdock, & Page. Netflix and Marvel TV canceling Daredevil before season 4 meant fans never got a chance to see this new practice in action. The MCU could fix this by making Foggy and Karen an integral part of Matt's lawyer career right from the start of his movie appearances.

Deborah Ann Woll shot down speculation that she was photographed with Kirsten Dunst for Spider-Man: No Way Home reshoots, but that doesn't mean she and Henson haven't or won't film something.

On 4/21/2021 at 5:32 PM, Bosco685 said:

You are so right. This is getting a lot of attention on social media.

Disney and Sony Set Massive Movie Deal, Bringing ‘Spider-Man’ Films to Disney Plus

For a company that supposedly moved on from Spider-Man, Disney sure seems fired up over Spider-Man content. Maybe Disney is confused?!

(:

Sony-Disney deal concerning the character Marvel doesn't care about going forward :bump:

On 8/18/2021 at 9:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

I wonder... 

Disney 'supposedly' exploring the idea of buying Spider-man rights back from Sony

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-disney-sony-spider-man.html?fbclid=IwAR00BeudsIJuvFb3tGX4vRy8aYO2urVNqzymV8K6p-9QlWF4OVT9gMm3iXQ

Giant Friggin Robot is the new We Got You Covered

They published an article two weeks ago Margot Robbie had been fired from further Harley Quinn roles. No other credible sites repeated this.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

Giant Friggin Robot is the new We Got You Covered

They published an article two weeks ago Margot Robbie had been fired from further Harley Quinn roles. No other credible sites repeated this.

That's why I said I wonder.

However, with that said, I think that Disney has certainly had internal discussions as to, "why not just buy it back from them."

There are several reasons I think Disney would be willing to throw a boatload of cash to Sony for the rights back and a lot of leverage they could give Sony on their streaming platform to sweeten the deal.  If I am Disney and Sony is holding out, I give them mega cash plus a share in the fees of streams of Sony movies on Disney+.  Give them their own tab like Nat Geo.   Spider-man is to Marvel as Mickey is to Disney so I am sure some are gritting their teeth behind the scenes that Spidey and actually the more I think as I type this Miles need to come... 'home'.

Actually that raises a more interesting question.  As far as licensing, value and potential, is there more money in Miles at this point than Peter? 

On 8/18/2021 at 11:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

However, with that said, I think that Disney has certainly had internal discussions as to, "why not just buy it back from them."

There are several reasons I think Disney would be willing to throw a boatload of cash to Sony for the rights back and a lot of leverage they could give Sony on their streaming platform to sweeten the deal.  If I am Disney and Sony is holding out, I give them mega cash plus a share in the fees of streams of Sony movies on Disney+.  Give them their own tab like Nat Geo.   Spider-man is to Marvel as Mickey is to Disney so I am sure some are gritting their teeth behind the scenes that Spidey and actually the more I think as I type this Miles need to come... 'home'.

Actually that raises a more interesting question.  As far as licensing, value and potential, is there more money in Miles at this point than Peter? 

Kids and their social media toys. Whaddaya gonna do? Nuttin!

(shrug)

:insane:

On 8/18/2021 at 11:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yes,  marvel needs spiderman.  But then again,  I hate the monopoly.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:22 AM, Wolverinex said:

Yes,  marvel needs spiderman.  But then again,  I hate the monopoly.

We could not have any greater degree of disagreement on this.   This statement is like saying, "I like Star Wars but Luke Skywalker should be controlled by another company so that Disney doesn't have a monopoly."  This is like saying, "I am a big fan of Charles Schulz' Peanuts Cartoon but someone else should have the rights to publish and control the Snoopy character so United Features Syndicate doesn't have a monopoly."  

Marvel does not have a monopoly.  Disney does not have a monopoly.

There are DC, Valiant, and Classics Media characters that are already being developed and are being explored for future opportunities.  Personally, I think the greatest untapped character out there is Turok the Dinosaur Hunter.  I raved the other day how much fun I found Jungle Cruise.   Turok could find its influence in Jumanji, Aliens, Jules Verne and a slew of other movies and literary work to be a franchise upon itself if the right director, actors, and screenwriters were attached. 

Marvel doesn't hold a monopoly over anything as we have seen this summer.  They have a vast character library that has been developed over the course of the past eighty some odd years. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/19/2021 at 10:06 AM, Buzzetta said:

We could not have any greater degree of disagreement on this.   This statement is like saying, "I like Star Wars but Luke Skywalker should be controlled by another company so that Disney doesn't have a monopoly."  This is like saying, "I am a big fan of Charles Schulz' Peanuts Cartoon but someone else should have the rights to publish and control the Snoopy character so United Features Syndicate doesn't have a monopoly."  

Marvel does not have a monopoly.  Disney does not have a monopoly.

There are DC, Valiant, and Classics Media characters that are already being developed and are being explored for future opportunities.  Personally, I think the greatest untapped character out there is Turok the Dinosaur Hunter.  I raved the other day how much fun I found Jungle Cruise.   Turok could find its influence in Jumanji, Aliens, Jules Verne and a slew of other movies and literary work to be a franchise upon itself if the right director, actors, and screenwriters were attached. 

Marvel doesn't hold a monopoly over anything as we have seen this summer.  They have a vast character library that has been developed over the course of the past eighty some odd years. 

Disney has way too much power.  Mouse movies,  Marvel,  star wars, all the fox properties.  And they are a terrible company. 

On 8/19/2021 at 10:12 AM, Wolverinex said:

Disney has way too much power.  Mouse movies,  Marvel,  star wars, all the fox properties.  And they are a terrible company. 

Again, we could not be in any more of a disagreement over this. 

See my comparisons above.  

I would lean toward agreement with you if they were trying to acquire DC or more characters outside of the Marvel stable.  However, Spider-man has been a Marvel character for almost sixty years.   This is not like they are trying to acquire something they don't already half own.  This is about the cinema rights in regard to a character they already own.   

On 8/19/2021 at 10:16 AM, Buzzetta said:

Again, we could not be in any more of a disagreement over this. 

See my comparisons above.  

I would lean toward agreement with you if they were trying to acquire DC or more characters outside of the Marvel stable.  However, Spider-man has been a Marvel character for almost sixty years.   This is not like they are trying to acquire something they don't already half own.  This is about the cinema rights in regard to a character they already own.   

I get what you're saying and I too would love to see Spider-Man under the control of Marvel but I guess I just dislike Disney so much  that it clouds my view.

Edited by Wolverinex