• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

Appearing together at the red carpet premiere of Spider-Man: No Way Home, Favreau and Marvel Chief Creative Officer Kevin Feige explained how a note saved Happy's life: 

"Since like 2006... it's been a wonderful collaboration and friendship. It's so great to be part of the Spider-Man trilogy now, as well as the Avengers movies," the Iron Man director and Avengers franchise producer said during a live-streamed interview with TikTok. 

Added Feige, "I've said this many times, the MCU would not be what it is without Mr. Favreau at all. Obviously Iron Man, obviously everything there, but staying the heart and soul of Happy Hogan is what's really amazing."

"There was a little difference in the -script than the final movie, which was that Happy died," Feige said. "Jon had a note — that is one of the most important notes he gave us at Marvel — which was, 'What if Happy was severely injured but did not die?'"

"He's not lying! It's true, it's true," Favreau said. "They accommodated it, and I'm so happy I've been a part of this and being able to be there with Tom Holland since the beginning. He's such a pleasure to work with, and [Spider-Man director] Jon Watts, who is incredibly talented, it's just fun to continue this relationship [with Marvel Studios]. It is a big part of my life, and these people are friends and also people I work with." 

:whatthe:

On 12/19/2021 at 7:04 AM, drotto said:

In all honesty, this movie could have two major impacts on how Disney and the MCU move forward from this point.

1. Yes, Disney has already been toying with the multiverse.  It is here in full force now.  This will let them canonize all of the Fox Marvel stuff, without necessarily having to use or build on those realities.  This opens the door to recasting major roles, and removing certain storylines and ideas from MCU canon. It also allows then to skip origin movies when certain characters are introduced.

2. I think it accelerates Disney bringing the X-Men and the Fantastic Four into the MCU.  I know there are carefully planned plots that guide the MCU, but they can not ignore the box office numbers for NWH.  It re-enforces that fans want to see more of their old favorites.  Those two franchises are just too important (and cost Disney way too much) to keep on the sidelines for 4 or 5 more years.

I like the fact that they can avoid having to rehash origin stories again. Most of us already know about the Xmen and FF, no need to keep revisiting it. 

On 12/20/2021 at 10:04 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

Not to take away anything from ticket sales but here in Ontario, the latest restriction is on food snd drinks because of omicron. Without those sales, theatres are still going to be hurting. 

Here in Qubec, theatres have been closed since 5 pm (just 6 hours ago). Watched it Saturday, glad I didn't wait.