• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2021 at 5:15 PM, drotto said:

The other thing I want them to stop doing (it was not really done here)is writing strong woman as basically almost men. 

Yes.  I see it as sexist, to be honest.  "Women have to be manlike to be strong".  they never met my mom.

just saw this with my 7 year old, who has seen both previous spidey films as well as the first two tobey spidey films. we both absolutely loved it.

no question that SPOILERALERT IN NEXT SENTENCE! the nostalgia and timelessness of weaving all these characters from 20 years ago back into the mcu had a huge impact on me emotionally. i've never seen anything quite like what they did. i think the story of infinity war/endgame is superior, but i enjoyed this almost as much as those movies. and i agree with others who've said that we need the marvel legacy characters, at least the great ones, like spiderman. i sure hope tom holland will do a few more of these. 

On 12/23/2021 at 5:32 PM, alexgross.com said:

just saw this with my 7 year old, who has seen both previous spidey films as well as the first two tobey spidey films. we both absolutely loved it.

no question that SPOILERALERT IN NEXT SENTENCE!

Spoiler

the nostalgia and timelessness of weaving all these characters from 20 years ago back into the mcu had a huge impact on me emotionally. i've never seen anything quite like what they did. i think the story of infinity war/endgame is superior, but i enjoyed this almost as much as those movies. and i agree with others who've said that we need the marvel legacy characters, at least the great ones, like spiderman. i sure hope tom holland will do a few more of these. 

Likewise.  My jaw dropped when

Spoiler

Octo Doctopus showed up-and when alternate spider man showed up-glad no one spoiled this for me. 

One minor thing I liked was

Spoiler

at the end when he paid for his coffee.  So many movies they never pay for stuff just walk away.  My stomach was clenchng about this and whew-he reached in his pocket and pulled out money.

Stan and Steve would be proud of this film I think. 

I am not a huge Spider-man fan, but I loved this film. Especially taking the time
for the little discussions between characters.

I will be singing that song at the end for awhile. Took me back to my School House Rock
days.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, kav said:

Yes.  I see it as sexist, to be honest.  "Women have to be manlike to be strong".  they never met my mom.

Hollywood is monkey see monkey do. They latch on to one actor, one formula, one idea, & endlessly repeat.

The idea that the only non-toxic machismo is a female's is one of these repeats.

It is stupid, narrow, & confused, but popular with knuckleheads. 

Edited by TupennyConan
spooned again

On 12/25/2021 at 1:49 PM, kav said:

Hopefully hollywood learns a lesson from this movie's success.  Come on hollywood you can do it-learn.
No politics-just like here on the boards-and your movies can succeed!

Wish I could find the study, but one I saw recently came to this exact conclusion. People on bith sides of the spectrum want less politics in entertainment.   In fact, many are saying it is turning them to many properties.