• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2022 at 11:38 AM, paperheart said:

$800 Million+ US a certainty

Sony’s Spider-Man: No Way Home still gunning toward $800M, but will stand at $792.2M this weekend after a 13th weekend take of $4M, -11%

Incredible!

Sonyverse_BO01.thumb.PNG.614a7a74bcc8b74742b5dc02c3dc0b9c.PNG

On 3/17/2022 at 7:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's what we call an "upgrade".

Yeah,  I can't watch Euphoria because it just depresses me but she is definitely  a great actress and smart. In an interview,  she mentioned she was the  valedictorian of her class. Anyway,  I've been waiting for black cat to show up for the next spiderman arc, hopefully sony casted well.

Edited by Wolverinex

Finally watched the movie...

...and honestly wasn't a fan. It was filled with great performances (for the most part) and it was nice to see so many characters back (especially Sandman!) - but in the end came off like bloated forced fan-service that at times felt like a bit of a slog to get through even though it was peppered with many great memorable and touching moments (so could have easily cut at least 30 minutes out to tighten it up). Really not enjoying how 'magic' is now just basically the cause of and solution to any plot elements they want without having to explain or expand on it in a meaningful way - it can work, but in this -script felt like lazy crutch.

Found the initial first two movies of the trilogy to have had better stories, editing, and pacing overall, with the first movie being a better Spider-Man story and the second being a better action/MCU movie (and both better regarding CGI, as this one might have more money pumped into it overall but it also had more moments that took me out of the experience due to what I can only charitably call Playstation-like visual cues. Far too much time spent in dark areas for the many battles as well).

To be clear, it wasn't a bad movie and I can see why fans loved it (both those of the comics and those of only the MCU), just didn't resonate with me.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 3/18/2022 at 9:13 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Finally watched the movie...

...and honestly wasn't a fan. It was filled with great performances (for the most part) and it was nice to see so many characters back (especially Sandman!) - but in the end came off like bloated forced fan-service that at times felt like a bit of a slog to get through even though it was peppered with many great memorable and touching moments (so could have easily cut at least 30 minutes out to tighten it up). Really not enjoying how 'magic' is now just basically the cause of and solution to any plot elements they want without having to explain or expand on it in a meaningful way - it can work, but in this --script felt like lazy crutch.

Found the initial first two movies of the trilogy to have had better stories, editing, and pacing overall, with the first movie being a better Spider-Man story and the second being a better action/MCU movie (and both better regarding CGI, as this one might have more money pumped into it overall but it also had more moments that took me out of the experience due to what I can only charitably call Playstation-like visual cues. Far too much time spent in dark areas for the many battles as well).

To be clear, it wasn't a bad movie and I can see why fans loved it (both those of the comics and those of only the MCU), just didn't resonate with me.

Thank you, I was afraid I was the only one...we rented it and watched it at home with friends yesterday and I was trying to stay in the room. I am going to see if I can watch it alone without people asking a zillion questions, but I liked the Avengers movies SO MUCH BETTER...this was too long and too all over the place for me. I did love Cumberbatch and Dafoe, though.

I love collecting Steelbook cases for your 4K/bluray/Dvd (no idea how dvd is still going in 2022 but whatever) collection, and I've got nearly all of them for the MCU. I have never had a problem with this, but the retailer exclusive Steelbook for No Way Home was sold out a week before release at least (yes I normally do preorder far in advance, extra expenses this time around got me): 'We have reached the limitation of our pre-order allocation'....... something like that. Two stores I rang were also sold out if the Steelbook. 

Looks like we might be expecting sharp sales of Spidey