• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2022 at 8:55 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I love collecting Steelbook cases for your 4K/bluray/Dvd (no idea how dvd is still going in 2022 but whatever) collection, and I've got nearly all of them for the MCU. I have never had a problem with this, but the retailer exclusive Steelbook for No Way Home was sold out a week before release at least (yes I normally do preorder far in advance, extra expenses this time around got me): 'We have reached the limitation of our pre-order allocation'....... something like that. Two stores I rang were also sold out if the Steelbook. 

Looks like we might be expecting sharp sales of Spidey

I got hosed on the pre-order - It was listed as "coming soon" when I put it in my cart, and it went directly to "sold out" from there. It's going for around $100 on eBay . . .

On 4/13/2022 at 9:10 AM, mtracy64 said:

I got hosed on the pre-order - It was listed as "coming soon" when I put it in my cart, and it went directly to "sold out" from there. It's going for around $100 on eBay . . .

Yep, same price as it's being listed for here. I'll go to hell before I support these scalping arses, so my collection will just have a blank spot for once, with just the regular version. 

Finally watched it. I bought it off iTunes sight unseen because I love the character and own every movie, even the bad ones.  No Way Home was one of the bad ones. Just didn’t like it. All the interactions with iconic characters coming back seemed so forced and shoehorned in. And none of the other key characters did anything noteworthy. Just seemed like some dull fan fiction. My daughters really liked it. But they were dropped on their heads as babies.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:13 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Finally watched the movie...

...and honestly wasn't a fan. It was filled with great performances (for the most part) and it was nice to see so many characters back (especially Sandman!) - but in the end came off like bloated forced fan-service that at times felt like a bit of a slog to get through even though it was peppered with many great memorable and touching moments (so could have easily cut at least 30 minutes out to tighten it up). Really not enjoying how 'magic' is now just basically the cause of and solution to any plot elements they want without having to explain or expand on it in a meaningful way - it can work, but in this --script felt like lazy crutch.

Found the initial first two movies of the trilogy to have had better stories, editing, and pacing overall, with the first movie being a better Spider-Man story and the second being a better action/MCU movie (and both better regarding CGI, as this one might have more money pumped into it overall but it also had more moments that took me out of the experience due to what I can only charitably call Playstation-like visual cues. Far too much time spent in dark areas for the many battles as well).

To be clear, it wasn't a bad movie and I can see why fans loved it (both those of the comics and those of only the MCU), just didn't resonate with me.

Wow I just read this and it perfectly sums up my terrible post which sounds like “Me not like movie.” in comparison to yours.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:50 AM, ▫️ said:

Wow I just read this and it perfectly sums up my terrible post which sounds like “Me not like movie.” in comparison to yours.

"Wow. You dislike that movie? Me too! Let's dislike it together "

:baiting: :cheers:

On 4/13/2022 at 11:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

"Wow. You dislike that movie? Me too! Let's dislike it together "

:baiting: :cheers:

I’m actually really surprised that I didn’t love it. I was an instant fan the moment he appeared in Civil War. This just didn’t work for me and I was so excited for the return of the other Spideys. But this movie killed it at the box office so I’m clearly out of touch.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:00 AM, ▫️ said:

I’m actually really surprised that I didn’t love it. I was an instant fan the moment he appeared in Civil War. This just didn’t work for me and I was so excited for the return of the other Spideys. But this movie killed it at the box office so I’m clearly out of touch.

I wouldn't say that. It just didn't work for you.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:00 AM, ▫️ said:

I'm not surprised when it doesn't blow people away, but I am surprised when people genuinely dislike it.

Finally saw it!cant say its the best ,not at all in fact,great performance from actors!it was fun seeing them all again but the way they were brought back was well.....lets just say spidey should have listened to doc strange from the begining !anyway dafoe was awesome!laugh so hard at the giant tree joke i had to put the movie on pause!all in all a good time movie but not the best they did with spidey.

Yeah people should not get a recognition for doing dump s***.  

I rented this yesterday and yeah best spider-man film. Maybe in my top-5 marvel movies. Avengers Infinity War, GOTG and Logan are better thou. 
What I really liked was all the heroes and villains. Tom Holland was better in this than last two movies. I also felt that Garfield and Maguire were given the opportunity to being themselves. 
All the "fixed" villains were great. Only minor fault was Green Goblins costume but Willem Dafoe was great. Jamie Fox was also surprisingly good.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:56 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

This Spider-Man and The Batman movie were the two best super hero movies I have seen these last two year. Both Spider-Man and Batman are the two gold standards of super heroes. 

Why? they have by far the best Rogues' gallery.

Guessing you didn't see ZSJL?

Batman and Spider-Man are definitely their respective brand's biggest name.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:53 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Haven`t seen it. I like to see it either this weekend or next weekend. How long is the running time?

Minus credits, the actual movie is about 3 hours and 53 minutes long. There is a 'natural' halfway point, as Parts 1-4 and 5-6 are broken up on disc format, if you require a break for such a lengthy experience.

It's great, albeit overly-long. Hope you enjoy it whenever and however you choose to watch it.

It's effing long!  I will say it is much better than the one that we saw in the theaters.  And, I appreciated that they broke it up into "chapters" (as "Asparagus" noted).  My daughter and I would watch a chapter or two and then stop it, go do something, come back and watch.  I think it took us a full weekend  to watch the entire thing.  It was like bingeing a short series.  I wouldn't want to sit thru it from start to finish.