• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, D84 said:

Well, the new films are disappointments at the box office.

:censored: it. Re-release Spider-Man. 

:roflmao:

I even heard it on a TV commercial today like it came straight out of the MCU marketing playbook:

"GO SEE THE GREATEST MARVEL MOVIE EVER!"

Sony watched too many of those Disney/MCU TV spots. To include when Black Widow was coming out, and they ran TV spots with that quote.

"Critics are saying the best Marvel movie. Period!" :shiftyeyes:

On 8/23/2022 at 12:53 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'll say it: Until the MCU goes full-reboot, nothing will top Infinity War.

The X-Men, err the Mutants, may have something to say about that if done correctly.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:12 AM, kimik said:

The X-Men, err the Mutants, may have something to say about that if done correctly.

She Men

Ah whatever, somebody shoot this era in the foot already and lets start over 

On 8/24/2022 at 1:12 AM, kimik said:

There's no way that an X-Men movie will top Infinity War, and the X-Men have been my favorite Marvel property since I was aged in single-digit years.. 2c

On 8/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'll say it: Until the MCU goes full-reboot, nothing will top Infinity War.

They don't need to reboot they just need to finally accept that they need to RECAST the roles of their legacy characters that people actually WANT to see and care about as their actors age out, lose interest in the roles and/or die.

Pretending like the actors own these roles is the epitome of stupid.  Recasting is the inevitable decision that must and will be made or it will continue to be downhill from here.  There's only so much C and D list shlock people will be able to take.  

-J.

As long as the writing continues to be subpar, it doesn't matter which characters they use or who the actors are. The general public knew little or nothing about most of the characters in the Phase 1 - 3 films; they were successful due to good writing and top-notch talent who had strong chemistry.

I thought I was a big fan on the MCU but I only learned a day ago No Way Home is re-releasing with a new post credits scene.  Later I found it was 11 more minutes as well.  I guess I'm not as big of a fan as I thought I was lol.

Anyone know the main purpose of this rerelease?  Is it just a money grab.  Maybe they are hoping to push the total haul over $2b (I think it's at $1.9b-ish)?  Or is there actually some important story telling they needed to "correct" or enhance?

TBH - the film was not one of my favorites.  I'd rather they told a new story and introduce new characters rather than just rehash what I've already seen before.  I'm sure Sony forced Marvel to do such to renew the Spider-Man MCU rights.

On 9/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, 234wallst said:

I thought I was a big fan on the MCU but I only learned a day ago No Way Home is re-releasing with a new post credits scene.  Later I found it was 11 more minutes as well.  I guess I'm not as big of a fan as I thought I was lol.

Anyone know the main purpose of this rerelease?  Is it just a money grab.  Maybe they are hoping to push the total haul over $2b (I think it's at $1.9b-ish)?  Or is there actually some important story telling they needed to "correct" or enhance?

TBH - the film was not one of my favorites.  I'd rather they told a new story and introduce new characters rather than just rehash what I've already seen before.  I'm sure Sony forced Marvel to do such to renew the Spider-Man MCU rights.