• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, D84 said:

That quality writing is why the MCU is now hot :censored:.

Doctor Strange is the best of the best when it comes to sorcery, right? Why the f**k would he attempt to recruit a ticking time bomb like the Scarlet Witch? That's almost as dumb as the Sorcerer Supreme leading her directly to the source of the Darkhold...

Why is the MCU's writing getting this bad? Too much focus on a bigger universe and not paying attention to consistency or details? Feige probably should have left after Endgame, kinda how some sports teams GMs should leave after the dynasty ends.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:07 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Doctor Strange is the best of the best when it comes to sorcery, right? Why the f**k would he attempt to recruit a ticking time bomb like the Scarlet Witch? That's almost as dumb as the Sorcerer Supreme leading her directly to the source of the Darkhold...

Why is the MCU's writing getting this bad? Too much focus on a bigger universe and not paying attention to consistency or details? Feige probably should have left after Endgame, kinda how some sports teams GMs should leave after the dynasty ends.

To much focus on the underlying message, even when it directly conflicts or ignors the narrative, plot, dialog,  character arcs, character developement, canon, etc. 

On 8/23/2022 at 11:40 AM, MR SigS said:

If they used one when she said she controls her anger "infinitely more than [Bruce]," they may not have been able to shut it off. 

Well, that was the big emotional, cathartic moment, that was supposed to make Jennifer relatable, likable and wise.  The laugh track would have been rude. (:

On 8/23/2022 at 10:59 AM, drotto said:

Well, that was the big emotional, cathartic moment, that was supposed to make Jennifer relatable, likable and wise.  The laugh track would have been rude. (:

Just like Jennifer. (shrug)

NONE of the MCU content is little kid-friendly, so I wouldn't suddenly expect She-Hulk to be. I'm on vacation in San Francisco and I re-watched it on the plane and my son listened in.  A bunch of cussing so my significant other promptly chewed me out.  :blush:

On 8/23/2022 at 12:35 PM, fantastic_four said:

NONE of the MCU content is little kid-friendly, so I wouldn't suddenly expect She-Hulk to be. I'm on vacation in San Francisco and I re-watched it on the plane and my son listened in.  A bunch of cussing so my significant other promptly chewed me out.  :blush:

Unless I'm forgetting something, Thor is a kid-friendly movie. I'm struggling to remember anything 'bad' from the Captain America movies, too. I know they're not rated "G", but movie ratings don't seem to mean much in the last 20 years.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Unless I'm forgetting something, Thor is a kid-friendly movie. I'm struggling to remember anything 'bad' from the Captain America movies, too. I know they're not rated "G", but movie ratings don't seem to mean much in the last 20 years.

Captain America was even the standards and practices department in the movies.

captain-america.gif.78e0e036320f82bee66e33c9102502ce.gif

On 8/23/2022 at 9:34 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Now down to a 5.3.

Keep up with the times , man. :ohnoez:

-J.

I made a call and they are going to find 12,000 positive votes.

Edited by shadroch

On 8/23/2022 at 3:49 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do you really think that Disney/Marvel is going to do this? It seems like a rhetorical question based on the bold.

Nope..i am sure it will be puff piece (as they say in the media business)

On 8/21/2022 at 12:26 AM, skypinkblu said:

Watched it this afternoon. It was cute...but my two objections were that "Smart Hulk" sounded not so smart and he was too massive...and the end. Why did they have to start the "f" word?  It would be nice to be able to watch these shows with younger children. Maybe a role model who doesn't use 4 letter words for a bit?  

I was also wondering who "Ced" (sp)..was.

I tend to agree with you here.

I am a big fan of free speech and believe that Disney and other companies should be allowed to put out content as they deem appropriate.  I also believe that we have an absolute right to turn the TV off or choose not to spend money to see their movies.

It is unfortunate that Disney chooses to go down that road, but regretably these are the times in which we live.  I am dating myself here, however, I remember when Disney put out their first PG movie (good trivia question) in 1979 and how offended people were.  Now, people would laugh if anyone was upset by a PG movie.

I find that writers put the "F" word in for "shock value", however, in truth it is typically the result of poor writing; an inability to express something without relying on the use of overused, single syllable cuss words?  It is sad that writers are incapable of creating the desired effect without falling back to this (over and over again); perhaps a comment on our eduacation system - IDK.

Just my 2 cents (which is probably worth far less than that in today's world).

That first episode scene where Jennifer tells Bruce how she has suffered much more than him because of her being a woman is getting a lot of attention.

But it is getting to the point when these Youtube reviewers don't go far enough in trash the show, they are then having subscribers disconnect and attack them. Men felt the scene was far too preachy.

Edited by Bosco685