• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2022 at 8:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

I get what they are doing to commercialize the MCU even further so anyone with Disney+ can watch it.

But the Mark Ruffalo Hulk really bothers me. The brute look of the early Hulk is what made me nerd out. This is more goofy Hulk.

Not a horrible show. Time will tell if I end up ignoring it as the 4th wall thing was now like a Deadpool wannabe.

100 percent agree! 

On 8/18/2022 at 3:13 PM, Lpgk said:
On 8/18/2022 at 12:13 PM, jsilverjanet said:

just watched it and it's quite enjoyable

It's going to be you and me against the rest of the board here, Hector. I liked this way more than I thought I would, just like Ms. Marvel. I never liked Byrne's run or any of Kamala's series, but I liked both shows. Go figure. 

I'll watch the second episode.... I think I like it, and Ms. Marvel as well. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I'll watch it all but thought it was far from good, too many things bothered me to think it good.

• How quickly she transforms, Hulk never did it that quick.
  • The hair as has been mentioned, how does it grow and shrink?!
  • Hulk, who can stop tanks dead in their path and throw them away like a football, gets mowed down by a Jeep from a standing start.
  • Smart Hulk really, really annoys me.
  • The final scene was new levels of cringeworthy.
  • The pacing was off and the episode seemed really short.

Maybe minor gripes but they were enough for me to not enjoy it particularly. Like I say I'll stick with it but I'm not expecting much from it. The CGI wasn't as bad as I expected so there is a plus point.

There was a lot of "bad" in the first episode.  You know, over 10 years ago, Banner's transformation into the Hulk looked fantastic and as "realistic" as such a thing can look.  Jessica's transition - what little we see of it - is terrible.  The CGI is truly awful, unbelievable bad.  Her Hulk face looks ridiculous, and why does her hair grow and become a different style?

"Missed on tone" as my high school English teacher used to write on my term papers.

The first episode was enjoyable. My major gripe is I wish it was a movie instead of a show. I always thought She-Hulk was more adult oriented humor. Maybe they thought Deadpool stole her thunder, but I say more the merrier.  This is one of my all-time Byrne pages after Reed tells her she can't change back to human form:

shehulk.jpg

On 8/19/2022 at 12:03 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'll watch the second episode.... I think I like it, and Ms. Marvel as well. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I couldn't finish Ms Marvel because it didn't have enough action, but wow, this whole first episode was probably more action than any single episode of any Disney Plus show.  And it all felt really fun with the banter between Mark Ruffalo and Tatiana Maslany as they fought.

Agree that the trailer set expectations perfectly. I liked that trailer, and surprisingly liked the show even more. But having said all that I felt the same way after the first episode of Moon Knight, but that got much slower and had less action after the first episode and by the end I was bored.  So maybe that happens here as well.  (shrug)

Gotta also point out that I have an additional bias towards this show.  She-Hulk in the comics and the CGI in this show is a greatly exaggerated version of everything I love about my own ideal female body type, so it helps a lot that I spent most of the episode thirsting over that type.  My own significant other is a similarly exaggerated-from-the-norm type at 6' 1" and a top-heavy 145, and even after a decade of being around it I can still watch tall, thin, and curvy all day every day--it's one of the main reasons I follow some WNBA and volleyball stars.  :cloud9:  I remember thirsting that same way over Byrne's depictions of her in FF as is readily visible in that pic Werner just posted.  :x

So given that bias I'm liking everything in the show MUCH more than most others would.  If you saw the trailer there's a moment where she picks up a guy in a bar and carries him off who seems smitten with her in the same way I would be, so I heavily identified with that scene.  :blush:

Tatiana Maslany is also REALLY cute and charming, so that helps with my bias.  Although it feels odd because in human form she doesn't do much for me, but when she transforms BOOM she's my type again but with bad face CGI, so it's a semi-conflicted kind of thirst.  :insane:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/19/2022 at 7:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 8/19/2022 at 12:42 AM, Boozad said:
  • How quickly she transforms, Hulk never did it that quick.

Always Angry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I was thinking of that scene as well when he pointed that out.

Banner taking longer also makes some sense.  Since he was losing himself in his Hulk persona he absolutely, positively didn't want to transform so I figured he was fighting it, but when he transformed at the end of Avengers he wasn't fighting it--he transformed because he had to.  Since Walters doesn't lose herself once transformed she also chooses it, so having it go quickly seems fine.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/19/2022 at 5:07 AM, fantastic_four said:

Gotta also point out that I have an additional bias towards this show.  She-Hulk in the comics and the CGI in this show is a greatly exaggerated version of everything I love about my own ideal female body type, so it helps a lot that I spent most of the episode thirsting over that type.  My own significant other is a similarly exaggerated-from-the-norm type at 6' 1" and a top-heavy 145, and even after a decade of being around it I can still watch tall, thin, and curvy all day every day--it's one of the main reasons I follow some WNBA and volleyball stars.  :cloud9:  I remember thirsting that same way over Byrne's depictions of her in FF as is readily visible in that pic Werner just posted.  :x

So given that bias I'm liking everything in the show MUCH more than most others would.  If you saw the trailer there's a moment where she picks up a guy in a bar and carries him off who seems smitten with her in the same way I would be, so I heavily identified with that scene.  :blush:

Tatiana Maslany is also REALLY cute and charming, so that helps with my bias.  Although it feels odd because in human form she doesn't do much for me, but when she transforms BOOM she's my type again but with bad face CGI, so it's a semi-conflicted kind of thirst.  :insane:

Pics? :grin:

On 8/19/2022 at 12:42 AM, Boozad said:
  • Hulk, who can stop tanks dead in their path and throw them away like a football, gets mowed down by a Jeep from a standing start.

Not at all unrealistic as I recall this was due of how he was standing. Having your feet firmly planted and expecting incoming impact is different than leaning forward (as he was doing over the hood to talk closer to Jen) and having your center of gravity offset (not to mention being caught by surprise as he wasn't expecting her to gun it in a Jeep that was reinforced and weighted for the Hulk - not just a jeep straight off the lot).

Stuff like this is taught in the first week of most martial arts classes, and I have fond memories of the pushing lessons against people 2-3 times my size and weight.

On 8/19/2022 at 10:08 AM, Gatsby77 said:

She-Hulk's been breaking the fourth wall since before Deadpool first appeared.

Heck - she even does so on the cover of the first issue of the 1989 Byrne reboot.

clean.jpg

On 8/19/2022 at 9:37 AM, mr_highgrade said:

Pics? :grin:

There are a few celebrities with a curvy Amazon body type.  Janet McTeer is probably the tallest actress I've ever seen with that frame at 6' 1".  Uma Thurman, Claudia Schiffer, and Elle MacPherson all have it too but are all slightly under six feet.

I was hoping they'd find a younger and prettier Janet McTeer body type to play Wonder Woman--McTeer is 61 now--but meh, Gal Godot is fine I guess but not that curvy and shorter than I was hoping for at 5' 9".  Godot is about the same height Lynda Carter was before she got older and shrank a bit, but Carter is much closer to the body shape I was hoping they'd find.

Can't believe I just looked up Janet McTeer after spending so much time watching Ozark. I'm getting old.

Anyhoo, She-Hulk show. I didn't mind it. I like her snarky, edgy attitude. It's something different. Even more different than Yelana in Black Widow. I'll continue to watch.