• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2022 at 9:22 AM, Artboy99 said:

watched the first episode this morning, and

I am at 4/10 because it isn't "must see TV" and somewhat forgettable because as of this writing I can't really come up with what I liked about the show and that is a travesty.

My comparison of heroine's season 1 first episodes:

1. Paper Girls 9/10 ^^

2. Ms. Marvel (Kamala) 6/10

3. She-Hulk 5.5/10

On 8/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, aardvark88 said:

My comparison of heroine's season 1 first episodes:

1. Paper Girls 9/10 ^^

2. Ms. Marvel (Kamala) 6/10

3. She-Hulk 5.5/10

I have not seen Paper Girls, thanks for the rating I will check it out. :)

I did not like Ms. Marvel at all, I felt I was watching an after school special for girls so I was clearly not the intended audience.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:13 AM, jsilverjanet said:

just watched it and it's quite enjoyable

It's going to be you and me against the rest of the board here, Hector. I liked this way more than I thought I would, just like Ms. Marvel. I never liked Byrne's run or any of Kamala's series, but I liked both shows. Go figure. 

Did watch episode one and it was OK, somewhat better then I expected, about a 5/10 so far. I will give a few more episodes a try.

I like and have liked since Orphan Black,  Tatiana Maslany. 

I do like the light hearted tone, but did not really find myself laughing at any point, but it kept my attention.

The changes to the origin were Ok, but I like the heroic aspects of the original origin where she is injured trying to save Bruce.

I do not like how her character seems very dismissive of people that are just trying to help in several situations (mainly Bruce).

I do not like that it is implied she is already a better Hulk then Hulk.

The CGI is still wonky, and the fight scenes such as they were, were not especially well done.

Sorry, the it's so terrible being a woman bits are already tired, and are tired here also. She seems to have a good and successful life, but keeps going into this woe is me mode. . (I hate bringing this up, because it sound awful to say it or mention it) It makes her come across as unlikeable at times.

there was one scene that completely told me who the target audience was for the show

when Jennifer talks about how she's learned not to be angry, that was clearly speaking to a specific group

I can appreciate it, and I'm curious how people will take it

This character is single, young, female, trying to find herself career wise and somewhat cynical. This is clearly not the demographic for the typical MCU fan so far. And apparently judging from the venom here, clearly disconnected with many people here on the boards. 

On 8/18/2022 at 4:46 PM, Lpgk said:

This character is single, young, female, trying to find herself career wise and somewhat cynical. This is clearly not the demographic for the typical MCU fan so far. And apparently judging from the venom here, clearly disconnected with many people here on the boards. 

No venom, and like I said not as bad as I was preparing myself for.  I will watch episode 2, so the episode did its job.  I am trying to refocus and stay objective. This video sums it up fairly well for me.

Also why was the best joke of the entire episode relegated to a mid credit scene? It could clearly have been left in it's original place.

Edited by drotto

Mirroring what a few others have already implied, this episode felt like the show is going to actually start with episode 2 - this being basically a longer version of a pre-episode bumper that gets us all caught up. It wasn't at all bad (I honestly thought the CGI would be worse - but it was fine for what this is), but I was surprised when it was over as it felt I had only just started watching it.

Overall it was pretty good and feels like lots of potential is here. I did feel it moved a little too fast past each scene without actually letting us breath and take in what was happening (but that could just be due to this literally being a quick summery by Jen to the audience). Also, for the love of satan Disney, please just let people swear and talk about sex. It's one thing to cut out the F-bomb at the end, but to just shy away from saying the word virgin is some next level sad puritanical garbage. 

As for my comic nerd side: I do honestly hate that her origin wasn't due to a blood transfusion though. This makes me honestly think there could be Hulks popping up every with with the amount of blood he has spilled in battle - only a matter of time before it hits somebody it doesn't kill (and no that 'we have special genetics' line doesn't cut it - seemed like a cop out). The entire origin just felt like a 'whoopsie daisy' with zero weight behind it (something that him decided to resort to transfusion would have had, which would have also made for a better dynamic between them - as they would both know he saved her life, but at the same time potentially ruined it)

Edited by Sauce Dog

Weird that they had her hair change so much back and forth during transformations.  It grew and shrank, and went from curly to straight and back.  Hair out of your follicles has no living cells so it doesn't make much sense to do it that way.  

I get what they are doing to commercialize the MCU even further so anyone with Disney+ can watch it.

But the Mark Ruffalo Hulk really bothers me. The brute look of the early Hulk is what made me nerd out. This is more goofy Hulk.

Not a horrible show. Time will tell if I end up ignoring it as the 4th wall thing was now like a Deadpool wannabe.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

I get what they are doing to commercialize the MCU even further so anyone with Disney+ can watch it.

But the Mark Ruffalo Hulk really bothers me. The brute look of the early Hulk is what made me nerd out. This is more goofy Hulk.

Not a horrible show. Time will tell if I end up ignoring it as the 4th wall thing was now like a Deadpool wannabe.

I think that is the one lost opportunity with the MCU; we had very little time with a proper rampaging Hulk, and I would have loved more time with that character, and characters dealing with him, before they slid into smart Hulk all the time.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:05 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I think that is the one lost opportunity with the MCU; we had very little time with a proper rampaging Hulk, and I would have loved more time with that character, and characters dealing with him, before they slid into smart Hulk all the time.

I wonder if this has to do with Ruffalo.  The Smart Hulk seems to have a personality similar to the actor, and possibly is more interesting for him to play.  So I wonder if he pushed the writers that direction.

On 8/18/2022 at 9:05 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Not really its boring honestly. There is a reason why there was only 25 issues of Savage She hulk. It didnt work.