• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,961 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Uhhhh, kind of?  That's awesome!

Skeletor mated w/ Ghost Rider over the Hulk. 

Patrick 

Ok fine, you are right. I LOVE IT! Does look awesome.  And story is great as well. Excited for more of this one.

6 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Just need to get Best Cellars 1, Avatar Illustrated (1998), and Dream Walker 0.  I kick myself for not grabbing these a year or so ago.  I keep kicking the can down the road on certain books and then I regret it.  I rarely get buyers regret, it’s usually failing to buy regret.

02BA9268-E8DC-4406-9702-9E548CFA938A.jpeg

D98FBCF2-20C1-4D8E-8DE4-7E06CE80FAAC.jpeg

FC117483-7981-4FF7-ADE4-98F105F2CC7D.jpeg

31FA8031-8A23-4B9C-A6A2-B38B9FC27F53.jpeg

You’ve done what I’ve needed to do all these years b4 Goon gets hot.. but they’re also so expensive buys haha 

On 4/24/2021 at 5:10 AM, IbukiLord said:

Never got around to buying the last issue and found another copy of Aphra #1 for $2

PmS0gfH.jpg

Didn't find much in the back issue bins so I decided to take a look at some of the sets at my LCS today, was quite happy with the finds.

ASM sets were $25 each and the Falcon set was $30, sadly they only had 2 sets of ASM and 1 of Falcon but at least I got them.

VPF54kW.jpg

nPPQHJP.jpg

2 ASM #4's for $50 is pretty wild. I THOUGHT I was having a good week until I saw that lol 

On 4/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, littledoom said:

You’ve done what I’ve needed to do all these years b4 Goon gets hot.. but they’re also so expensive buys haha 

Are the avatar goons a bit off their peaks of a few years ago? I love powell, but the guy is really good at killing momentum. Goon should be having its 200th issue around now. Instead powell got distracted a few dozen times.

7 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

My LCS didn't have issue #2 but I did grab three copies of #1. Their very last 3. They also restocked Geiger Cover A so I grabbed 3 more of those as well(3 is their limit on new releases and sometimes back issues if they feel like I'm getting too lucky lol)

Kudos on the pick-ups.  

Your story is hitting my point.  I'm thinking those #2s are not as easy to find.  

I grabbed the Geiger Glow in the Dark today.  Such a great cover.  They were down to the last 2 copies.  I'll concur w/ what someone else said earlier, it was a pretty cool story.  

Patrick

39 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Kudos on the pick-ups.  

Your story is hitting my point.  I'm thinking those #2s are not as easy to find.  

I grabbed the Geiger Glow in the Dark today.  Such a great cover.  They were down to the last 2 copies.  I'll concur w/ what someone else said earlier, it was a pretty cool story.  

Patrick

I wonder what's the long term future of Geiger #1 GitD. Does it trade with the other issues even though it came out a week later? So far it looks like it's fetching $10

My favorite read right now is Stray Dogs though, love the parody covers too. Think I'll go back and pick up the cover A's too