• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,961 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BishopT said:

Decided to hit up some stores outside of town today:

And how. Nothing like hitting up a new shop and cleaning them out! I have been looking for a nice copy of that ASM 121 reprint for a while. I didn't dig into the back issues too much today, did grab two UXM 283's but didn't feel like digging today. Did get the Silk 1:25 as I was the first one to ask my LCS about it. They sold it to me for $10, will likely prescreen it eventually.

1050867319_bMxfPzl-Imgur.thumb.jpg.1e46d43bb2d01e85a3bfd8f25809e1e0.jpg

IMO, I love everything Silk right now. I usually don't do ratio variants besides this one place in town that will randomly throw them into the stacks at cover price but I'm glad I tried for this one ahead of release. Asked about the Wonder Girl 1:25 but that one has been claimed already oh well can't win em all

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

That silk variant is going to be a sought after book for years, I think.

I'm hoping there is a lull that lets me grab a 2nd for under $50. I had no idea what they were going to price this at when I ordered it, I was shocked when they said $10. They actually said $10 if I was okay with it, like I could've argued them down to cover but I'm not trying to steal the dang thing.

I hope you're right that this will have legs but you never know. She already has the Ramos 1:10 of ASM4 as the big Silk book to get and I don't see that changing anytime soon but maybe this could be a distant third behind her first appearance one day. 

Plus I like the book. I got Cover A to read and this isssue wasn't as good as #1 but it had some funny spots and I'm enjoying the story so far. Cindy really seems like a young, inexperienced hero.

Miles #25 was pretty okay too. Oh and Miles Morales #8 from last year is on its way up right now

Traded a cbcs 8.5 ah ss heroes 2011 initiative book slab

X-men 221 fine+

Asm color and white coa Campbell signature so 2 comics

Animosity 1 variant

2 of airboy 5 Dave Stevens and What looked to be a trimmed iron man 281

+$119

So got $100 trade value to the LCS, It was priced at $200 so I got $100 trade in value

Kind of lost a bit but for a slab idk guess

:takeit:

:tink:

2021_05_02 3_14 PM Office Lens.jpg

2021_05_02 3_16 PM Office Lens.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I've been looking for that Livewire book for a while nice grab. Also nice pickup on the Metal Gear Solid books, those look cool

I always liked that Livewire comic. Demand isn’t what it used to be for it. The shop got a lot of sharp very high grade 2000s comics in. Im pretty sure the Death would be a 9.8. I already had most of the keys but they were upgrades in some cases

Just now, littledoom said:

I always liked that Livewire comic. Demand isn’t what it used to be for it. The shop got a lot of sharp very high grade 2000s comics in. Im pretty sure the Death would be a 9.8. I already had most of the keys but they were upgrades in some cases

She's a cool character with a great design, don't think it'd take much to get her to pop again and she's a great candidate for Supergirl or Superman... fun villain even if that doesn't happen though