• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,961 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Namtak said:

I finally got my hands on a turner steingerwald ss cgc x men 1 civil war,been a long time coming but i finnally got a great turner autograph!

20210417_105132.jpg

20210417_110036.jpg

I'm struggling.  I always thought you'd look like your CGC pic. 

Patrick 

Went out today hunting down some PS3 games that have blown up recently (I had a pretty successful day on that end, and once an eBay payout goes through overnight I’m heading back to spend a couple hundred on games tomorrow... that market is almost as crazy as the current comics market, but I digress...) Found this at a local shop that sells just about any collectible media, only $10 1st print and quite hard to find:

E0277064-F77C-47A7-9960-D5EB5B7867E2.jpeg

Edited by BishopT

On 4/17/2021 at 10:13 PM, followtheleader said:

I'm struggling.  I always thought you'd look like your CGC pic. 

Patrick 

I had the exact same reaction!!!

46 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

So, I don’t do a ton of modern spec, but I do check out the CBSI thing every Friday so I’ll have an idea of what to look for when I’m out that weekend. I was surprised when this book popped up on Friday’s list, because I’m a HUGE fan and collector of the Hard Case Crime novels...but had completely forgotten that they also did comics!

Anyway, I was already on MCS at the time, so on a lark I thought I’d see if they had these, and...they did! Two copies, at cover price! They arrived today (speedy!) and they’re lovely. Now I guess I have to go back and get all of the rest of the HCC comics. Luckily, they don’t seem to be worth much at the moment, this issues notwithstanding.

E2FD5ADB-526F-47B9-9A87-D704C6AA13DE.jpeg

This cover is so great.  I nearly bought it on release day.

Patrick

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

So, I don’t do a ton of modern spec, but I do check out the CBSI thing every Friday so I’ll have an idea of what to look for when I’m out that weekend. I was surprised when this book popped up on Friday’s list, because I’m a HUGE fan and collector of the Hard Case Crime novels...but had completely forgotten that they also did comics!

Anyway, I was already on MCS at the time, so on a lark I thought I’d see if they had these, and...they did! Two copies, at cover price! They arrived today (speedy!) and they’re lovely. Now I guess I have to go back and get all of the rest of the HCC comics. Luckily, they don’t seem to be worth much at the moment, this issues notwithstanding.

E2FD5ADB-526F-47B9-9A87-D704C6AA13DE.jpeg

This one nearly slipped under my nose, but I managed to pick one up for near cover.

3 hours ago, BishopT said:

Went out today hunting down some PS3 games that have blown up recently (I had a pretty successful day on that end, and once an eBay payout goes through overnight I’m heading back to spend a couple hundred on games tomorrow... that market is almost as crazy as the current comics market, but I digress...) Found this at a local shop that sells just about any collectible media, only $10 1st print and quite hard to find:

E0277064-F77C-47A7-9960-D5EB5B7867E2.jpeg

Please show and tell, what ps3 games did you find? I also collect games, which rare ones were you successful in finding? 

Labyrinth: Under the Spell, Jeremy Bastian (obviously) variant. This is actually a little more scarce than might be expected. It was a 1:15 incentive variant, but a whole lot fewer stores ordered 15 copies of Boom-published Labyrinth spinoffs than they do random Marvel books. Comichron shows a little under 10k orders for the book overall, so somewhere in the 500-600 range for distributed copies of the variant feels reasonable (with the eternal caveat that more may have been printed and distributed off-channel). In any case, there aren't piles of them sitting around, especially if you exclude copies with ridiculous price tags!

Also, Bastian's work is fantastic both here and in general, and I suspect his fans have snapped up quite a few of these.

Extremely happy with this one.

PXL_20210421_150344723.MP.jpg