• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

The ASM photo cover(262 or something) is worse IMO

1114558-1570_4_00262.jpg

893whatthe.gif

I own that book...but I've never had the stomach to open it. insane.gif

Maybe it's the belt buckle. crazy.gif

I never noticed the image in the mirror before. Can someone crop just that portion of the cover & post it . 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Obviously this guy attended the Rob Liefield Art Institute.

1114584-3654_4_016.jpg

You've just discovered the prototype for Mr. Incredible! Quick, snatch up all the copies of this undiscovered key before it becomes HOT!

Classic gym rat syndrome. Big upper body, no legs.

PS:

Thanks to Scrooge who explained how to upload and display multiple attachments.

JPS

I can't believe that Ernie Chua/Chan hasn't shown up yet. Maybe it's too hard to pick among the 250,000 (or so) covers he drew for DC during the 70s. Let's just pick his first entry at the GCD:

Chua

1114783-1stIS10.jpg

And then there's Rick Buckler (with a little help here from Vinnie Colletta)

Buckler

1115439-WW236.jpg

I'm a little embarrassed to post his one since the artist joined the fun here last year, but ouch

Wonder Woman

1115439-WW231.jpg

and there's plenty of creepy stuff from the late Golden to "Atomic" age

Calling All Boys

1115439-CAB14.jpg

Is there any way to explain what's going on on this cover?

Witty Comics 2

1115439-witty.jpg

Is the man on the left a mannequin? What is he doing to the boy? What is wrong with the boy's back? Since he is behind the door, how can the boy see the man on the floor? Is the man on the right trying to figure out whether the animal is a cat, dog or very small goat? Too many questions...

Jack

1114783-1stIS10.jpg.e6a6677669215ae960566fe0ee82e267.jpg

Jack,

you're doing things right, it's just that the GCD no longer will let you hot-link to their pictures.

Does anyone remember the issue # of the Daredevil or Boy (both Lev Gleason) that only has the masthead and a big slash of ugly pink with a tiny label on it. That one goes for most stupid.

@#$%^&

Looks like I forgot how to post links. It's been a while!

Trying again with urls.

I can't believe that Ernie Chua/Chan hasn't shown up yet. Maybe it's too hard to pick among the 250,000 (or so) covers he drew for DC during the 70s. Let's just pick his first entry at the GCD:

Chua

And then there's Rick Buckler (with a little help here from Vinnie Colletta)

Buckler

I'm a little embarrassed to post his one since the artist joined the fun here last year, but ouch

Wonder Woman

and there's plenty of creepy stuff from the late Golden to "Atomic" age

Calling All Boys

Is there any way to explain what's going on here?

Witty Comics 2

Is the man on the left a mannequin? What is he doing to the boy? What is wrong with the boy's back? Since he is behind the door, how can the boy see the man on the floor? Is the man on the right trying to figure out whether the animal is a cat, dog or very small goat? Too many questions...

Anyone feel free to fix my links so that they work.

Jack

None of those seem like worst cover types. Weird for sure, but not horrible.