• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

looks like ole vinny colletta on the ink job there, which satisfies the "suck" requirement
Your not to keen on Colleta are you? I feel similarly about Geo Bell during his run of FF 21-26

Anything by Rob Liefeld.
892606-Liefeld_captain_america.jpg.He can set his can of Dr.Pepper on his chest while watching tv....Argh.. Christo_pull_hair.gif I hate this stuff.

Dr. Pepper cloud9.gif

Hey, CA has breasts! 893whatthe.gif

Unfortunate side-effect of the super soldier serum. Don't bring it up. He's a bit sensitive about it.

looks like ole vinny colletta on the ink job there, which satisfies the "suck" requirement
Your not to keen on Colleta are you? I feel similarly about Geo Bell during his run of FF 21-26

single worst inker in the history of the medium. i'd say 'worst artist,' but that would give him artist status by proxy. also, i haven't seen every artist ever.

but i'm fully confident in my appraisal of his inking rank in the grand scheme

Anything by Rob Liefeld.
892606-Liefeld_captain_america.jpg.He can set his can of Dr.Pepper on his chest while watching tv....Argh.. Christo_pull_hair.gif I hate this stuff.

Dr. Pepper cloud9.gif

Hey, CA has breasts! 893whatthe.gif

Unfortunate side-effect of the super soldier serum. Don't bring it up. He's a bit sensitive about it.

Maybe he secretly enjoys them 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anything by Rob Liefeld.

OMG... that may actually be the worst Leifeld drawing I've ever seen. And that's saying someting.

Anything by Rob Liefeld.

OMG... that may actually be the worst Leifeld drawing I've ever seen. And that's saying someting.

Yeah, especially since it's supposed to be a profile shot, but somehow you can still see the left half of his body. Weird. Cap with beeyoch teats! smile.gif

892575-rom-annual2.jpg

27_laughing.gif Looks like ROM is trying to show us how proud he is of his, um, thingie (seems to be what he's looking at, and hey, why are his eyes lighting up at the same time??? 893whatthe.gif ). Maybe he was trying to coin the phrase "Hung like a robot"... smile.gif

Deathlok just posted this dog over in the Modern Section:

ASM #522

892203-ASM522_COV.jpg

I count 8 spotlights (2 in back)wouldn't that get annoying if you are in one of those buildings? confused-smiley-013.gif

*shrug*

I kinda like that Spidey cover.

Fine... take out the beautiful buildings, and stare intently at the Spiderman figure. What's the deal with his eyes?

I agree that this cover may not qualify as being in this thread, by the way...

It probably belongs in a "Show us your offbeat covers" thread.

Just looks as if something is not quite right. confused-smiley-013.gif

*shrug*

Fine... take out the beautiful buildings, and stare intently at the Spiderman figure. What's the deal with his eyes?

every single window is lit up. what the hell is that all about? lots of late night workers? Spidey's visiting Fairbanks, Alaska in mid-winter, and it's really three in the afternoon?

confused-smiley-013.gif

every single window is lit up. what the hell is that all about? lots of late night workers? Spidey's visiting Fairbanks, Alaska in mid-winter, and it's really three in the afternoon?

confused-smiley-013.gif

And right in the center of the picture is a guy swinging on a web at the tops of the skyscrapers wearing blue and red pajamas.

So what's your point exactly?

*shrug*

And his neck...

Overall, it reminds me of Lucille Ball or Foster Brooks or Red Skelton acting drunk...

confused-smiley-013.gif

And right in the center of the picture is a guy swinging on a web at the tops of the skyscrapers wearing blue and red pajamas.

That it's fun to talk about this stuff and contribute nothing worthwhile to society in the meantime.. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif.I may have to get this book just to stare at it in person. Of course maybe that's what the artist (and sales staff) want. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

That it's fun to talk about this stuff and contribute nothing worthwhile to society in the meantime.. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif.I may have to get this book just to stare at it in person. Of course maybe that's what the artist (and sales staff) want. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Don't waste your money on that book (especially just for the cover) buy another bottle of Dr. Pepper!

Here's another Kaare Andrews you're sure to hate, it's one of my favorites!

hulk-49.jpg

That's pretty good....And no I don't hate it. The artist seems to have slipped into "funny animal mode" which is entirely different. confused-smiley-013.gif