• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,025 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2022 at 6:22 PM, Dimebag_D said:

Amazing Spider-Man (1998) #523 Newsstand.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man (1998) #542 Newsstand.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man (1998) #608 Newsstand.jpg

Sensational Spider-Man (1996) #25 Newsstand.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men (2011) #17 Newsstand.jpg

Uncanny X-Men (1963) #254 Newsstand.jpg

X-Men (1991) #23 Newsstand.jpg

I rarely see that #608 ASM, to the point that I wasn't sure there was one 😂

I like the run of ASM and bats from about 601-620, bats more starts at about #608 ironically 

On 9/11/2022 at 7:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I rarely see that #608 ASM, to the point that I wasn't sure there was one 😂

I like the run of ASM and bats from about 601-620, bats more starts at about #608 ironically 

I'm fairly new to the world of newsstands, so any news and info is greatly appreciated.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:00 PM, fastballspecial said:

I just hit a run of about 60 of these with the X-men & Uncanny  title from 170-200ish. There were only a couple of Legacy
in the whole 60. 

Nice! I mainly got it for #214 which is Ms. Sinister’s first appearance. They look they could all benefit from pressings. 

On 9/13/2022 at 12:10 AM, mr_highgrade said:

Issue #214 is the first appearance of Malice. Sinister's first appearance is #221. :gossip:

I thought this was a vol2 or 3 thing 

Didn't know Sinister was married, or that anyone knew that early

On 9/13/2022 at 10:20 PM, djzombi said:

I wonder why the Wolverine one-shot is listed as "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" in the UPC?  It's not even in the Spider-Family of books.  

I forgot the specifics but it boiled down to saving a bit of money. It was explained earlier in this thread and I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in. 

On 9/13/2022 at 8:33 PM, Corona smith said:

I forgot the specifics but it boiled down to saving a bit of money. It was explained earlier in this thread and I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in. 

Yeah its back there somewhere

Odd bit of trivia 

On 9/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, djzombi said:

I wonder why the Wolverine one-shot is listed as "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" in the UPC?  It's not even in the Spider-Family of books.  

On 9/13/2022 at 9:33 PM, Corona smith said:

On 9/13/2022 at 9:37 PM, The Meta said:

Yeah its back there somewhere

Odd bit of trivia 

https://rarecomics.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/amazing-spider-man-friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-sensational-spider-man/

Maybe speaking out of turn, but this is a link to some of it, probably not the wolvie specifically; at least,  the " Spider-man "

On 9/13/2022 at 10:33 PM, Corona smith said:

Yeah, basically the distributor charged a fee when a company wanted to sell a new title so for a while Marvel would sell new titles under some of the cancelled titles name's to save that money. They would ring up under the old title at the register and I assume that made it very difficult to accurately track sales because they did end that practice after a while. I have a bunch of Fantastic Fours that all rang up as Astonishing X-men  because FF (during Hickman's run) replaced Fantastic Four, but when it came back FF kept the Fantastic Four title near the barcode.