• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,025 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2022 at 4:28 AM, Corona smith said:

5B500C9A-6F27-4D6D-9529-F93A4B64044A.jpeg

Is that how the "new" cgc label looks like? concerning the newsstands? Is this back from cgc for you? or did you buy it that way?

Interesting :) So many to "reholder" for me, if I decide too, but snap if it isn't a bit bitter, sweet! :cry: 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:28 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is that how the "new" cgc label looks like? concerning the newsstands? Is this back from cgc for you? or did you buy it that way?

Interesting :) So many to "reholder" for me, if I decide too, but snap if it isn't a bit bitter, sweet! :cry: 

I bought it off eBay. I’m unsure when it was graded. 

On 10/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Grade date on that book was 10/06/2022, so that's almost certainly a post-policy-change newsstand designation. Nice book.

...even if my wife did walk by while I was looking at it and commented, "They have a Ratman too?" And now I can't unsee the title that way. So I'm sharing with everyone else instead.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:09 PM, Qalyar said:

Grade date on that book was 10/06/2022, so that's almost certainly a post-policy-change newsstand designation. Nice book.

...even if my wife did walk by while I was looking at it and commented, "They have a Ratman too?" And now I can't unsee the title that way. So I'm sharing with everyone else instead.

Bwuwuahahahhahahahaha :roflmao:

On 10/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, Qalyar said:

I can’t unsee it now either. LOL. 

Edited by Corona smith

It's not on the CGC Census yet. That's definitely the new designation.

On 10/14/2022 at 11:03 AM, valiantman said:

It's not on the CGC Census yet. That's definitely the new designation.

Actually, there may be a problem.  It looks like CGC is putting the Newsstand Edition in the field for "Pedigree" which doesn't show up on the CGC Census.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4132357001/

On 10/14/2022 at 11:10 AM, valiantman said:

Actually, there may be a problem.  It looks like CGC is putting the Newsstand Edition in the field for "Pedigree" which doesn't show up on the CGC Census.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4132357001/

There was another recent NS edition book upthread also, a Fantastic Four #399. Same problem.

@CGC Mike Pinging Mike on this one, because it is my understand that this was not the intended outcome of the new newsstand policy, and this needs to be handled ASAP to minimize the effects.

On 10/14/2022 at 11:13 AM, Qalyar said:

There was another recent NS edition book upthread also, a Fantastic Four #399. Same problem.

@CGC Mike Pinging Mike on this one, because it is my understand that this was not the intended outcome of the new newsstand policy, and this needs to be handled ASAP to minimize the effects.

I also sent him a direct message with both books in the example.

• Administrator
On 10/14/2022 at 12:15 PM, valiantman said:
On 10/14/2022 at 12:13 PM, Qalyar said:

Web help has been notified.

On 10/14/2022 at 12:01 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 10/14/2022 at 11:15 AM, valiantman said:
On 10/14/2022 at 11:13 AM, Qalyar said:

Web help has been notified.

:applause: