• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,016 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2022 at 10:28 PM, littledoom said:

Xorn. I have that in newsstand! lol.

On 10/30/2022 at 10:29 PM, littledoom said:

128 is 1st app, 129 is first cover.. Xorn was 127

Ya i vaguely remember me mentioning it was at a DVD store years back,  and you suggested to pick it up. I did afterwards but it's only vg  :)

Who is xorn?

On 10/30/2022 at 10:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya i vaguely remember me mentioning it was at a DVD store years back,  and you suggested to pick it up. I did afterwards but it's only vg  :)

Who is xorn?

Whoa I have 127 and didn't know :)

Screenshot_20221030-223616_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 10/15/2022 at 4:04 AM, valiantman said:
On 10/15/2022 at 4:01 AM, CGC Mike said:
On 10/15/2022 at 3:15 AM, valiantman said:
On 10/15/2022 at 3:13 AM, Qalyar said:

There was another recent NS edition book upthread also, a Fantastic Four #399. Same problem.

@CGC Mike Pinging Mike on this one, because it is my understand that this was not the intended outcome of the new newsstand policy, and this needs to be handled ASAP to minimize the effects.

I also sent him a direct message with both books in the example.

Web help has been notified.

Expand  

:applause:

Hi @CGC Mike is intended by CGC for newsstand books to be collatible in the census numbers?  

Any updates to share? 

On 9/25/2022 at 8:35 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

If you all every think there was a newsstand issue that was not produced in the titles of Batman, Superman, Detective or Action Comics, feel free to reach out to me and I will show you an image of it.  I was able to find them all.   As far as I know, the only issues in those titles that did not have newsstands were the New 52 #23.2, 23.3, and 23.4 villain issues (there was a newsstand #23.1) and the "Rebirth #1" issues that were released just prior to the #1 issues in the Rebirth line (I hope that makes sense, DC released special preview "#1" issues of the Rebirth line before they actually released the fist issues of the Rebirth line.  I can supply images if requested.

Have you ever seen a newsstand Catwoman (2002) # 1 or #3?

• Administrator
On 10/31/2022 at 12:37 AM, Microchip said:
On 10/14/2022 at 1:04 PM, valiantman said:
On 10/14/2022 at 1:01 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 10/14/2022 at 12:15 PM, valiantman said:
On 10/14/2022 at 12:13 PM, Qalyar said:

There was another recent NS edition book upthread also, a Fantastic Four #399. Same problem.

@CGC Mike Pinging Mike on this one, because it is my understand that this was not the intended outcome of the new newsstand policy, and this needs to be handled ASAP to minimize the effects.

I also sent him a direct message with both books in the example.

Web help has been notified.

Expand  

:applause:

Expand  

Hi @CGC Mike is intended by CGC for newsstand books to be collatible in the census numbers?  

Any updates to share? 

As of yet, I do not.  I will check with the team today.

On 10/31/2022 at 2:07 AM, paqart said:

Have you ever seen a newsstand Catwoman (2002) # 1 or #3?

No.... but if the other Catwoman's in that run had newsstand issues, I can almost guarantee they exist.    Just keep searching ebay and they will pop up.   There was a guy who created a database for newsstand issues.  If you search around, you should find it.   Let me know if you can find it and I can try to run it down for you.   

On 11/5/2022 at 7:38 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

No.... but if the other Catwoman's in that run had newsstand issues, I can almost guarantee they exist.    Just keep searching ebay and they will pop up.   There was a guy who created a database for newsstand issues.  If you search around, you should find it.   Let me know if you can find it and I can try to run it down for you.   

Thanks. I've been looking for 3 years, so far, haven't seen any copies of #1, 3, or 46-83, except one issue in the 50's that someone wanted a huge price for. 

roger that.   Here's one way to find out.... go to your local Barnes and Noble.  Give them the title of that comic book and ask them to look it out.   They will have a history of how many issues of that comic book showed up in the store during each month.   I am guessing that Catwoman had low distribution for each month.   Here's an article that comichron wrote about the last newsstand issues that might lend some clues.

https://comichron.com/blog/2018/02/09/end-of-era-last-dc-newsstand-issues/

There is a dude who got a boat load of newsstand issues that were rescued from the trash bin at Barnes and Nobles.  I wonder if he might have some.  I believe his ID is @Lifesuggs

Take a look at this thread:

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 11/15/2022 at 1:43 PM, BishopT said:

Some decent pickups from a local show this weekend:

E46ED4EE-C9CF-4D75-AA60-9D479542A0E7.jpeg

B085A628-F6CC-497C-AC3C-D1DE59F7BBB9.jpeg

BC709765-2DA5-492F-8A95-714A967F217D.jpeg

Yo Joe! I didn't know the Spider-Man #10 had a Newsstand, so good to know!

Glad you made it out to a show, and more than happy that you came away with something :x

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/15/2022 at 2:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yo Joe! I didn't know the Spider-Man #10 had a Newsstand, so good to know!

Glad you made it out to a show, and more than happy that you came away with something :x

Interesting thing about the Avenging 10… I can’t recall if this was the case with 9, but these had actual stickers for the newsstand label. If you look at the others on eBay you can kind of see it. Yeah held it up to a light and looked at the back of the page, it just looks like art behind that sticker, not like it was laid over the normal direct edition white rectangle.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:43 PM, BishopT said:

Interesting thing about the Avenging 10… I can’t recall if this was the case with 9, but these had actual stickers for the newsstand label. If you look at the others on eBay you can kind of see it. Yeah held it up to a light and looked at the back of the page, it just looks like art behind that sticker, not like it was laid over the normal direct edition white rectangle.

Interesting! Now that cgc notated all newsstands I wonder if they'll certify those blue label, but idk where the thread was about them. There have been a few found like that, but I'm not sure the specifics.