• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,015 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2024 at 7:22 PM, sonicdan said:

Valiant / Acclaim Comics Ninjak newsstand editions: 

So in your opinion which ones are the most difficult to find. I tend to find Bloodshot the 
most. I think I might have only found one Ninjak over the years. 

On 3/30/2024 at 9:58 PM, fastballspecial said:

Same here but super hero so little more common.
I would say the Millie is probably much harder to find though.

amaz11f.thumb.jpg.2c76416dbe3eb92531fe9017d69432cb.jpg

I think I have a newsie of this also

Alright guys, I found a couple of Spider-Man newsie keys at my most visited newsie hunting ground, Half Price Books. One I got about a month ago, and the other I got tonight. I'm super-excited, especially for the one I got tonight! But I have to admit, while I usually go for the true half-priced books, these 2 were in the collector's case and had stickered prices. The first I already re-bagged before taking a pic, but I paid $18. The 2nd, I took a pic with their sticker, so it can speak for itself, though I got 10% off the labeled price with a coupon. I got a few other big hits there tonight as well but they aren't newsstands, so I'll post them in another topic somewhere. I didn't expect to spend as much as I did during a cursory visit to HPB, but you know, I saw it, and these things go fast so I had to do it! Oh yeah, and the 2nd book isn't as modern as what we usually post, but still, I had to share!

IMG_20240219_221945683.jpg

IMG_20240409_231120160.jpg

Edited by BuraddoRun

On 4/9/2024 at 9:50 PM, BuraddoRun said:

Alright guys, I found a couple of Spider-Man newsie keys at my most visited newsie hunting ground, Half Price Books. One I got about a month ago, and the other I got tonight. I'm super-excited, especially for the one I got tonight! But I have to admit, while I usually go for the true half-priced books, these 2 were in the collector's case and had stickered prices. The first I already re-bagged before taking a pic, but I paid $18. The 2nd, I took a pic with their sticker, so it can speak for itself, though I got 10% off the labeled price with a coupon. I got a few other big hits there tonight as well but they aren't newsstands, so I'll post them in another topic somewhere. I didn't expect to spend as much as I did during a cursory visit to HPB, but you know, I saw it, and these things go fast so I had to do it! Oh yeah, and the 2nd book isn't as modern as what we usually post, but still, I had to share!

IMG_20240219_221945683.jpg

IMG_20240409_231120160.jpg

I remember seeing an ASM 300 for $150 at a retro store around 2017-2019 and somehow knew it was a good bargain price and an investment but ultimately decided to pass since I already had a couple copies

On 4/10/2024 at 12:05 AM, littledoom said:

I remember seeing an ASM 300 for $150 at a retro store around 2017-2019 and somehow knew it was a good bargain price and an investment but ultimately decided to pass since I already had a couple copies

It's one of those things, weighing money you have to spend VS what you're getting. If I already had a copy, I likely wouldn't have bought it tonight unless I planned to flip it soon to make money. But I've never owned a copy, so it was my chance to finally get one of the comics I've wanted for awhile. I liked the price enough to go for it.