• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,021 posts in this topic

I'm huge into modern newsstand and it's really the only thing I buy.  Looking for some help on some books as I believe they are considered newsstand, but other opinions would help.   Stephen King Dark Tower (The Gunslinger Born) and (The Long Road Home) I have these sets and on the back it has the direct edition label but there is a UPC sticker on top of that.  I think I remember someone telling me they put that sticker on the book so it could be sold outside of a comic book store.  Any help would be appreciated.

On 1/25/2024 at 5:16 AM, jrinne said:

I'm huge into modern newsstand and it's really the only thing I buy.  Looking for some help on some books as I believe they are considered newsstand, but other opinions would help.   Stephen King Dark Tower (The Gunslinger Born) and (The Long Road Home) I have these sets and on the back it has the direct edition label but there is a UPC sticker on top of that.  I think I remember someone telling me they put that sticker on the book so it could be sold outside of a comic book store.  Any help would be appreciated.

I am pretty sure they are newsstands for those books let me look and see if I can find my copies. Newsstand bar codes were put on books in secondary markets.