• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,016 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Spawnfreak said:

Nice comic! Here's a Modern Newsie, unless someone has a VERY good reason to say nay!

FCBD Asterix 16.jpg

Well, there's only one version of this book and it was only available in comic shops, so I'm not sure this qualifies as a newsstand book but it definitely has the newsstand barcode style.  Weird one! lol

3 hours ago, valiantman said:
4 hours ago, Spawnfreak said:

Nice comic! Here's a Modern Newsie, unless someone has a VERY good reason to say nay!

FCBD Asterix 16.jpg

Well, there's only one version of this book and it was only available in comic shops, so I'm not sure this qualifies as a newsstand book but it definitely has the newsstand barcode style.  Weird one! lol

Yeah. Just looking like it could or should be a Newsstand edition doesn't make a comic book a Newsstand edition.

On 12/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, gregumz said:

This just arrived back from grading. Not sure what im gonna do with it right now im gonna admire it for a bit 

20201208_155540_HDR.jpg

Admire until tired of it. May never happen...

hm

hilarious avatar btw

13 hours ago, Twinvirgos said:

Found this Fantastic Four issue 415 at a LCS yesterday. What I found most interesting is that mycomicshop.com doesn't mention a Newsstand version. I wonder why...hm

FF415.jpg

Not every comic which has a newsstand version is explicitly called out on MCS.

I have a newsstand version of #2 of this series; no mention of it. Not a conspiracy.

18 hours ago, Twinvirgos said:

Found this Fantastic Four issue 415 at a LCS yesterday. What I found most interesting is that mycomicshop.com doesn't mention a Newsstand version. I wonder why...hm

MCS doesn't generally separate Newsstands. Most of the ones I've seen that they do are mistakes, referring to standard (Direct) editions of issues that have enhanced versions.

10 hours ago, manetteska said:

Not every comic which has a newsstand version is explicitly called out on MCS.

I have a newsstand version of #2 of this series; no mention of it. Not a conspiracy.

Oh I wasn't thinking about conspiracy or anything. :ohnoez:It just so happens to be the site I have saved on my phone and when I'm out and about I'll go to the site out of convenience. :)

4 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

MCS doesn't generally separate Newsstands. Most of the ones I've seen that they do are mistakes, referring to standard (Direct) editions of issues that have enhanced versions.

I agree they do make mistakes...heck we're all humans and not perfect. :bigsmile:  Anyhoo, it was a silly side thought after seeing that FF issue and knowing it was Newsstand.:blush: