• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,016 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2021 at 10:05 PM, Lifesuggs said:

Solid $2 spent. 1 out of 2 ain’t bad

29FB7A5D-6E62-4277-9311-4E155D368DC2.jpeg

The direct edition is interesting in that pair as well... the little red box clearly says "Marvel Variant Edition" but the barcode is 00611 - which means issue #6, 1st cover, 1st printing. 

That means it's officially the regular cover... not a variant... even though that little red box says otherwise. :grin:

On 1/20/2021 at 11:23 AM, valiantman said:

The direct edition is interesting in that pair as well... the little red box clearly says "Marvel Variant Edition" but the barcode is 00611 - which means issue #6, 1st cover, 1st printing. 

That means it's officially the regular cover... not a variant... even though that little red box says otherwise. :grin:

Weapon X 1 001.jpg

1 hour ago, paqart said:
On 10/16/2019 at 12:37 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

This one has been unusually tough for me to locate. You'd think an anniversary would be super-easy, but that's not been my experience.

I have at least four of those.

What book is this? We're not going back 30 pages to find it... and did you have them on October 16, 2019, when he posted that? (shrug)

Either way, that's a "weird brag" for January 30, 2021.

Edited by valiantman

Amazing Spider-man #500. I see there is an obsession with this thread on his part. Pages 1-46 are all fair game. Be afraid of what you said in 2019 and thereafter. It will be held against you. lol

Edited by kairos70

6 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Amazing Spider-man #500. I see there is an obsession with this thread on his part. Pages 1-46 are all fair game. Be afraid of what you said in 2019 and thereafter. It will be held against you. lol

Im just upset I sat here and searched through the profile to find you already did this for us

12 hours ago, valiantman said:

What book is this? We're not going back 30 pages to find it... and did you have them on October 16, 2019, when he posted that? (shrug)

Either way, that's a "weird brag" for January 30, 2021.

Not a "brag", a comment on relative rarity. It is interesting which comics are hard to find in certain regions and which aren't. I've seen people here with photos of half a dozen copies of something I've been looking for for a year without luck. 

Whoever got this for $8 with "buy it now" did a great job.  I would have had it, but they beat me by a couple minutes.

An actual auction would probably have gotten $100 - $200, if not more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114660805017

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by valiantman

58 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Whoever got this for $8 with "buy it now" did a great job.  I would have had it, but they beat me by a couple minutes.

s-l1600.jpg

you really think this would sell for $200+ ... I say south of a $100 as is raw

2 hours ago, littledoom said:
3 hours ago, valiantman said:

s-l1600.jpg

Expand  

you really think this would sell for $200+ ... I say south of a $100 as is raw

I didn't say $200+. lol  I said $100 - $200.  So, if you think maybe $95, then we're potentially only $5 apart on our guesses.

57 minutes ago, littledoom said:

if not more

copies sold for around $60-90 in december and november, why would they have they have appreciated a lot since then? it isn't like  venomized wolvie is going to be in a star wars cartoon or get his own disney+ tv show

Edited by the blob