• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

687 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2021 at 10:08 AM, mrwoogieman said:

Basically this thread is - show us your high grade Coppers that are incidentally newsstand editions.

Possibly :) but I have been scanning my books for inventory purposes.  I'll start posting the drek when I can!  The drek is more my wheelhouse anyways.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:17 PM, mec3437 said:

I think I posted the #1.  I don't remember when AF went direct-only, but I think it was in the 60s or 70s.

Ha, I'm dumb - I was like, Alpha Flight #1 is from '83, how could it go direct in the 60s or 70s?? doh!

I figured it out. Nice books!

Sooooooo I believe CGC will start putting Newsstand Edition designation going forward. I sent a ton of newsstands in, and the all are noted in the description. Although i believe if you want to send a book in from prior grading to get that designation, you will have to pay for a reholder, not mechanical error, thoughts?

On 9/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, Dmac538 said:

Sooooooo I believe CGC will start putting Newsstand Edition designation going forward. I sent a ton of newsstands in, and the all are noted in the description. Although i believe if you want to send a book in from prior grading to get that designation, you will have to pay for a reholder, not mechanical error, thoughts?

Is it on the label? or the Cert notes? or ??? 

and or an example? or where did hear or read about this?

On 9/11/2021 at 11:58 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it on the label? or the Cert notes? or ??? 

and or an example? or where did hear or read about this?

They never put anything in descriptions that does not go on the label, ergo if they put Newsstand Edition, that will go on the label. They used it before on Gen 13 # 1.

On 9/11/2021 at 11:01 AM, Dmac538 said:

They never put anything in descriptions that does not go on the label, ergo if they put Newsstand Edition, that will go on the label. They used it before on Gen 13 # 1.

Then are you talking about a specific book? or issue? series? I know they put newsstand notations especially on price editions in the modern section, but this is 1st I'm hearing of a universal "newsstand notation" (shrug)