• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
2 2

353 posts in this topic

Good  Afternoon,  Gang!

I  mentioned "ugly"  in  the   header  for  this  thread,  just  realized  I  hadn't  listed  any  REALLLLY     ugly books  yet. 
Let's  amend  that,  shall  we?

Detective  Comics  164 

CF out,  two pages  torn off the  back  half of  the book,    it's  a  real  horror show.   HOWEVER!  The  entire  12 page Batman  story is  complete,  
and you  also  get  the  last four pages  of  the Robotman  story,  and  the  first  eight  pages  of  the Tomahawk  story. 

Buy it  for  the Batman   story,   or  walk  away  laughing  at  me  for  picking it  up  in  the  first place,   :D

Asking  $15  on the  strength  of  a  full  Golden Age  Batman  tale. 

I1FhvWg.jpg

Good afternoon,    let's list  a  couple   comics,  shall  we?  Big  push  tonight  around 8  PM,   this  is  a  teaser to tide you over.

Bozo The Clown  promotional  comic, 12961

Flat, clean, tight,  altogether  pretty  copy

Asking  $50

8HuwCag.jpg

Love Romances 93

As opposed to  all the  Indifference  Romances  I  suppose...

Solid enough  reader  with  small tear  RH  edge  FC, touch of  transverse  spine  roll,  light water FC. 

Asking  $5

s0U05Gv.jpg

Thor 169

Origin Galactus,  Lee an Kirby  at  their  peak. 

Flat tight and glossy,   some  general  wear and light soiling. 

Asking  $25

U85t3yu.jpg

Mystery In Space 24

Large dogear  lower  RH  FC,  one  light  water spot BC,. old store stamp  upper  BC,  bit of general  wear. Flat  and  tight,   bit of gloss,  offwhite pages.

Last precode issue

Asking  $60

A5iG7Y2.jpg

Funnybook  time!

Jumbo Comics 11,  front  cover  ONLY!

And not all  of  that,   upper  edge  has   been  cut  down. 

Nice  display piece,  or tuck it in  with your  coverless copy. 

Asking  $10 SOLD!

NlRjiNo.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Mystery In Space  #1

Rough  cover   on  a  clean  interior.  Plenty of tape  repairs on interior  of  cover,  four  small pieces out  of  FC, one large  and  one  small  piece out 
of  BC,  light water stain  upper   BC,  upper  FC.    Interior   is   quite nice,  tight  with   white  pages,   and  there's no  sign  whatsoever  
of   either  water  stain,    so  I'm  suspicious  that   the  cover  has  been   married  to  the interior. 

WHEW!  With  all  that  you'd  expect it  to  be  one  ugly  rag,   but it  actually  displays  pretty  well.  Please note  the  missing  piece  that  runs  
through  our  heroine's  hairdo,   page  1  has  a  black  background  behind it  and  it  doesn't  show  up  very well. 

With  all  that  being  said,   I'm   still  asking  $150  SOLD!

pkg9QOl.jpg

89fVSUb.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Commando Adventures 2

Paratroop  cover!

Small piece out  upper  LH  FC,   touch  of  stacking  roll,   general  wear,    light  foxing  LH edge BC.  Tight,   glossy,   white pages.

Asking  $15

mec1Kv6.jpg

Jann of the Jungle 17

Last issue

Piece  out   RH  edge  FC,  spine roll,    small  split lower  spine, tear  LH  edge  BC,  light  water upper  LH  corner of book. Several  small tears  interior. 
Tight  with  offwhite - white pages

Grab a reader for $10  SOLD!

xW0aCqr.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Sergeant Fury  and his Howling  Commandos 4

Nice reader,    RH  edge looks  trimmed  to  me,  small  water  upper  LH  BC,  general   wear.  Tight  with  white pages.

Asking  $40

aPKH4pm.jpg

Tomb of Terror 14

Nice displaying   low grade  copy. At  one time or  another  the  entire  spine  was  split,  someone  used  three  pieces of  old  tape  to  hold it  together, 
the tape  dried out  and  fell off  leaving  old  tape stains,   and  then   the  same  fool  or  some  OTHER  fool   GLUED  the  cover  back  on,   lol

Ahh well,   that  keeps it   affordable.  Interior  tight with  offwhite pages.

Classic  Bug  Eyed  Monster   cover  for   $125

csdCQu5.jpg

16 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Jann of the Jungle 17

Last issue

Piece  out   RH  edge  FC,  spine roll,    small  split lower  spine, tear  LH  edge  BC,  light  water upper  LH  corner of book. Several  small tears  interior. 
Tight  with  offwhite - white pages

Grab a reader for $10

xW0aCqr.jpg

I’ll take it!

Heroic Comics 88

Pulled  lower  staple,   general  wear.  Interior tight with white pages

Asking  $10  SOLD!

URuA6Ap.jpg

Edited by catrick339