• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
2 2

353 posts in this topic

Judo Joe  #1

One of  the  odder  short lived  50's  titles, this one  ran  three  issues,  and  by  Ghawd,  you got  a  judo  lesson in  every   issue! 
Imagine   Master  of   Kung Fu  with  a  blond  in  a  crewcut  as the  protagonist,   lol

Flat  tight  and  clean,    modest  general wear,  small  split  upper  spine,   decent gloss,   white  pages,

Asking  $50

U6roVNv.jpg

45 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Famous Crimes 20

Tear and chip  upper  RH FC, with  an old  tape repir inside  th  FC  at the tear.  Otherwise a whiff of spine roll,   tear upper  RH  BC,  some  general  wear.  
Pulled  lower  staple  on  CF,  chips off   several  upper  interior  corners,   white pages.
And that's not  an  ink  line across  the  lower  FC  as  I  originally  thought,   that's the upper  edge  of  the  windshield  of  the getaway  boat,   :D 

Asking  $30

e3PtKxv.jpg

Take this, the Heroic, and the Double Strong

4 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Sensation  Mystery 111

Fifth  issue  of format  change,   second issue under this title.  1" split upper spine  with  dogears from bottom  of  split,   pulled upper staple,  
small  piece of old  tape  at upper  staple  on spine,  bit of chipping upper  edge FC.  Flat and square,  touch of   gloss left,   tight interior with  white pages.

Yours for  $80

BK43Juu.jpg

take it!

Let's  list  a  few  comic books,   shall  we?

Harvey Hits 6

Featuring  The Phantom

Harvey  did  several  issues  of   The  Phantom  in  the  1950's,  predating  by  a  decade or better  the  Gold  Key/Charlton  series of  the  60's and 70's.

This copy  has  a  bit  of  spine  roll,    several  light  folds upper  RH FC,  teensy  corner of  lower  RH  FC,   general  wear. Still has nice gloss,   tight  spine  and  CF, 
white  pages.   Solid  lower  grade  copy  that  displays  nicely.

Asking  $20  SOLD!

tJK9cY1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Our Fighting Forces 23

Small  split  and  tear  upper  spine, couple  chips out  upper  edge BC,  couple  small water  stains  lower  edge BC,  couple  more  upper  edge   FC.
General  wear,   touch of gloss left,   tight  spine  and CF,  white pages. 

Top  end  reader  for  $20  SOLD!

vjnexx1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Walt Disney Christmas Parade

Golden   Press,   1977,   224  pages 

Beautiful  squarebound   book,  flat,   square,     clean,  tight,   glossy,   bone  white  pages. To my  eye,  this  appears   completely  unread, fresh off the  shelf. 
I  got  a  similar copy  from   the  same  fellow  a  few years back,   I  suspect  he  has  an  untouched  case  tucked  away  somewhere in his  warehouse. 

Asking  $45  for  this  little  beauty,  FIRM  SOLD!

M2Iv0Wt.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Jungle  Comics 103

Flat and tight,  but  large light  water  stain  along  spine,  both  staples  rusty  with  a  whiff  of  migration. Small  corner off  lower  RH  FC.
Interior is  actually  quite nice  despite the water,   with   offwhite  -  white pages. 

Asking  $40

Qh7WQ7z.jpg

Kathy  The Teenage  Tornado 16

Bit of transverse  spine  roll,   general  wear,  still a nice looking  copy,  BUT!   Last page  is  an  ad  page,  and  there's  a 2 x 3  piece  torn out of 
the  upper  outer  corner.  No  story  or text   affected,  just  a big hunk out of  two   full page  ads. 

Nice reader for $15

w728C7w.jpg

Good evening  Gang, 

Another  fifteen  or  so  to  get  through  tonight,   let's get  started.   

World's Finest 89

How shall  I  disfigure  thee?    Let  me  count  the  ways!
Tape  along  lower half of  spine,   ink  name  FC,   small  corner off  lower  RH  BC,   large  chip  out upper  edge BC,  water along  bottom  edge 
and upper  LH  of  book,  bit of  spine  roll, pulled lower staple,  general wear. 

That  should  be enough,  lol   And it  STILL  displays  pretty  well.   Interior is  tight with  offwhite  to white pages. 

Nice looking  reader  for  $20

Yr5mbWl.jpg

Soldier Comics 10

Flat,  tight spine  and CF,   good gloss,  white  pages.   Whiff of  general  wear,    touch  of   light  rubbing/soiling  along  spine  BC

Pretty  copy  for  $50

4CPyFOW.jpg

Western Comics 5

Tiny tears  at  upper  staple,   bit of general wear.  Touch of soiling along  spine  BC,  otherwise  flat  and  tight,   white pages. 

Asking  $50

KRJQTKp.jpg

Archie Comics 20

Looks  great,   flat,   tight,  with  just  the  chip  out  along the  spine, and it IS.  

That's because  the  entire  spine  has  been  glued.   Dammit. Otherwise   glossy with offwhite  pages. 
Sigh...how does  one  grade  something  like this?  Perfectly beautiful   book  slathered  with  glue. 

Well,   O'street  G  is  $145, so  I'm going  with  $125 

Ja3pVwz.jpg

Battle Cry 19

Tight  spine  and  CF,  good  gloss  on  a  book  with  general  wear,   light  wrinkling,  small  tears inside,  offwhite - white pages.

Take it for $15  SOLD!

1mP2lE8.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Now,  Comcav.  Be nice.  You  KNOW  that   gunsmokin  is   a  delicate   sort,  and  we  don't  need  any  tears  dripping  onto  comic books, 
now  do  we?

Behave  yourself  or  I'll  be  forced  to  call  your  mother in,   and  we  all  know what happens  THEN,  don't  we?