• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,658 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Murphman13 said:

721EA344-4545-4D45-9DC7-7C5B9D8633CE.jpeg

He’s being hanging out with Wonder Woman again, I see.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Possibly the WORST drawing of the Thing I have EVER seen.  When did the Thing get square ears???

This is a real representation of the Thing, nothing has been done to him (like magic, etc..).

And what's the deal with the two rows of rocks that come up out of his pants and go over his shoulders?

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

18 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Benjy was briefly “up-powered” and given this general look. This is just a bad version of it. He does rough up the gray Hulk pretty good, so not a completely bad idea.

I liked when the grey Hulk gave lumpy/pointy Thing the heimlich maneuver underwater and almost drowned him. Even with Hulk depowered and Thing up-powered, Hulk still kept his winning streak going.

46 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Benjy was briefly “up-powered” and given this general look. This is just a bad version of it. He does rough up the gray Hulk pretty good, so not a completely bad idea.

Wait, what?  This was an actual "look" for a while????

If this is what the Thing looked like I am not interested in that storyline.

44 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

I liked when the grey Hulk gave lumpy/pointy Thing the heimlich maneuver underwater and almost drowned him. Even with Hulk depowered and Thing up-powered, Hulk still kept his winning streak going.

Since it’s the only time I can remember The Thing beating the Hulk, I feel the need to point out that Ben won the fight. Fixit got help to beat him, but I can’t remember who helped!

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Possibly the WORST drawing of the Thing I have EVER seen.  When did the Thing get square ears???

This is a real representation of the Thing, nothing has been done to him (like magic, etc..).

And what's the deal with the two rows of rocks that come up out of his pants and go over his shoulders?

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

Those are obviously suspenders … right?

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

Dont you need corn holders when it is still on the cob? :sumo:

6 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Wait, what?  This was an actual "look" for a while????

If this is what the Thing looked like I am not interested in that storyline.

Late 80s, IIRC.

Shortly after the classic Byrne run.

Contributed to me dropping the title.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I went from reading the Kirby/Lee material on Masterworks format as a kid at the local library and falling in love, to finding some of those issues at a second hand store on holiday once, trying to read them, and giving up, wondering what the hell had happened to the book (despite there being clear credits I somehow missed those and thought it was the same people, and that they'd gotten old and gone massively downhill). A few years later my mother picked up an issue for me at the newsagents: issue 387, by Tom DeFalco and Paul Ryan. It had the right feel to young me, and the art was certainly on point. I collected since then until I gave up during Slotts' run (just had enough of the monthly grind, and a massive backlog of material to get through already, nothing personal). 

But man, those issues threw me for a loop. 

Also, the Ms Marvel of the time was transformed into a female Thing…

1094329.jpg

Not hard to understand why I gave up.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Also, the Ms Marvel of the time was transformed into a female Thing…

1094329.jpg

Not hard to understand why I gave up.

Well one nice perk about being with this version of the Thing...he makes a great back scratcher!

It was Steve Englehart writing at the time, iirc, so I imagine it was his idea. 

39 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

WHY did you post this cover???  I can't un-see this.  Ugh!

Also, Crystal's head looks weird

Car crash comics.

21 minutes ago, Amazeron said:

It’s good to see that others feel the same sickening nausea I feel towards the She-Thing. :foryou:

Ben Grimm looks appalling there.  Difficult even to make out his arm, hidden inside a pile of rubble.

7 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

It was Steve Englehart writing at the time, iirc, so I imagine it was his idea. 

FF was a complete misfire.

His Silver Surfer was okay, and I really liked his Green Lantern run.