• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,667 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

It's a shame Ziggy Stardust, sorry, Mr Fantastic, hasn't got just a touch wider neck isn't it. Another two foot and we might not be able to see the ugly cow behind him.

310203535_2021-07-0800_00_26.jpg.c492fe431978c2f638957bc7d4057a0b.jpg

"I told you to leave my make up alone" she's saying "You look like a right tosser"

"Sorry dragon face" he's replying "I was trying to detract attention from my massive Hulk neck"

Look I know he's mister spastastic and can mold his body into any shape but I refuse to believe he'd choose a weird jawless version like that depicted.  Also the other characters are not plastic so how to explain their deformities?
Sue looks like a meth head after a 3 month bender.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Look I know he's mister spastastic and can mold his body into any shape but I refuse to believe he'd choose a weird jawless version like that depicted.  Also the other characters are not plastic so how to explain their deformities?
Sue looks like a meth head after a 3 month bender.

This particular rendition of Mr Blandplastic is certainly stretching something alright.

The bounds of credulity. 

7 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

I seem to recall reading that the editor of Fantastic Four Unlimited requested that Herb Trimpe imitate Rob Leifeld's art style

Why, was he a sadist?

24 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

I seem to recall reading that the editor of Fantastic Four Unlimited requested that Herb Trimpe imitate Rob Leifeld's art style. So if the goal was to draw terribly, then mission accomplished.

Not true. It was Herb's own choice, and was his favourite art he drew. He loved the style. I've debunked this one before, here's the link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-195/amp/

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

45 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Not true. It was Herb's own choice, and was his favourite art he drew. He loved the style. I've debunked this one before, here's the link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-195/amp/

Thanks for the correction. Sometime my memory ain't so hot because weed. 

3 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Thanks for the correction. Sometime my memory ain't so hot because weed. 

It's a common misconception. I think a lot of people just don't want to believe he chose to draw like that. :sick:

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

I like to think he wouldn't choose to use that style again.

I think it's absolutely dreadful, and I can't even read those issues (I only own them because I love the FF, and I got the Unlimited run cheap, probably because of the art, although Roy Thomas' stories aren't particularly great either) but if it's what made Herb happiest in his career, then good for him. 

35 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I think it's absolutely dreadful, and I can't even read those issues (I only own them because I love the FF, and I got the Unlimited run cheap, probably because of the art, although Roy Thomas' stories aren't particularly great either) but if it's what made Herb happiest in his career, then good for him. 

There's no art in the backgrounds of the panels.  That's like Golden Age Captain Marvel art.   When you never have to worry about background art you can churn out the pages faster.  That means you meet your deadlines faster.  And that equals.... happiness.

8 hours ago, gadzukes said:

There's no art in the backgrounds of the panels.  That's like Golden Age Captain Marvel art.   When you never have to worry about background art you can churn out the pages faster.  That means you meet your deadlines faster.  And that equals.... happiness.

Oh, you wantcher backgrounds, you'll getcher backgrounds. 

MQZdmBZ.jpg

22 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Not true. It was Herb's own choice, and was his favourite art he drew. He loved the style.

Okay Herb Trimpe isn't my most favorite artist ever, but the man could actually draw and sometimes quite well.

I keep thinking that the reason he enjoyed this style so much was that he was making fun of Liefeld and probably just convulsing with laughter every time he finished another figure.

TRIMPE: (calling to his wife in the next room) "Honey...(ha ha ha)...honey, you've got to come...(ooooh hahahahahahah)...come here and look at THIS ONE! (AHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA)...ohgod...

2 hours ago, Off Panel said:

Okay Herb Trimpe isn't my most favorite artist ever, but the man could actually draw and sometimes quite well.

I keep thinking that the reason he enjoyed this style so much was that he was making fun of Liefeld and probably just convulsing with laughter every time he finished another figure.

TRIMPE: (calling to his wife in the next room) "Honey...(ha ha ha)...honey, you've got to come...(ooooh hahahahahahah)...come here and look at THIS ONE! (AHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA)...ohgod...

oh god I hope so.

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Who cares about backgrounds anymore..... I want to discuss the foregrounds....... WTF is going on with T'Challa's kneecaps???  Are those bone-spurs or tumors?  

Boy did he take some injuries in college football-

27 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Those kneecaps are really something else. 

Its likely he crossed the mob at some point.

1 minute ago, Amazeron said:

In the second panel, T’Challa’s head is either broken or detached from his body :frown:. Something just ain’t right around his trapezius. 

He looks like a deflating balloon with all those muscles.

as drawn, he would be a helpless cripple.