• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,667 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2023 at 5:58 AM, Dave2739 said:

What's ridiculous about this? I think you've lost the meaning of this thread. You're not posting panels (you're posting entire pages) and they're not particularly ridiculous. 

True enough! What it looked like to me was Warlock an arch enemy of sorts turning to appear as Thanos, which I might have found "shocking", but not particularly "ridiculous!" :banana:

I can't argue with that :) 

Not just a panel, but the whole cover.

This may have been posted somewhere earlier in this thread but this cover bears mentioning, nothing going on here makes any sense. Is the window the Thing is in open or closed? Must be open if Paste Pot Pete is getting to the Thing like that but the hashing above the Thing’s head is the same as the window next to it the Sandman is trying to get in that is obviously closed. But, if it’s open, why is the Sandman even bothering with that window and….well, how did this even pass to printing when you know they sometimes made other covers that were better than this be redone at times. 
IMG_0135.webp.4e663ed1fdf859302e5a7744c15349dc.webp

Edited by Jaylam

On 8/30/2023 at 10:42 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

True enough! What it looked like to me was Warlock an arch enemy of sorts turning to appear as Thanos, which I might have found "shocking", but not particularly "ridiculous!" :banana:

I can't argue with that :) 

It's the death scene of Captain Marvel, Mar-Vell, who was also an enemy of Thanos, but I think the fade was a scene transition to Thanos, who had been turned into stone by the Soul Gem in Marvel Two-in-One Annual 2.

On 8/30/2023 at 10:57 AM, Jaylam said:

This may have been posted somewhere earlier in this thread but this cover bears mentioning, nothing going on here makes any sense. Is the window the Thing is in open or closed? Must be open if Paste Pot Pete is getting to the Thing like that but the hashing above the Thing’s head is the same as the window next to it the Sandman is trying to get in that is obviously closed. But, if it’s open, why is the Sandman even bothering with that window and….well, how did this even pass to printing when you know they sometimes made other covers that were better than this be redone at times. 

I've always wondered what Medusa's hair is attached to here. Do the Frightful Four have a helicopter?

I think the window is meant to be half open and Thing is leaning out. It looks like a sash behind him, but he's straight up not leaning so the perspective is off. Plus the window next to it doesn't appear to work the same way which is weird too.

Medusa's expression is priceless and look at those Liefeld feet she has going...

On 8/31/2023 at 4:56 PM, Murphman13 said:

IMG_3166.jpeg

Ditko got a bit surreal in his Dr Strange images, so crossover into his other work wasn’t too surprising.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/30/2023 at 5:58 PM, Dave2739 said:

I've always wondered what Medusa's hair is attached to here. Do the Frightful Four have a helicopter?

Yup. Same thing as The Beast’s trapeze on the cover of X-Men 1.

ff36.jpg

On 9/2/2023 at 5:33 AM, Gaard said:

ff36.jpg

I see the sash behind the Thing, but as someone else mentioned the perspective is off, unless the Thing is a 2D cutout. Actually, the sash is what throws it off, if it wasn't there at all, the perspective represented works much better if you think the window is completely open.

Edited by Jaylam

On 9/2/2023 at 10:35 PM, Nick Furious said:

Has this classic been mentioned before in this thread?  

x-men-uncanny-classic-first-page.jpg

So far as I know, only The Beast's magically-suspended trapeze on the X-Men 1 cover.

It's really The Angel who's the problem. No motion lines indicating he's hovering in place, and Xavier must be a bit frustrated with him fluttering above there. Unless he couldn't afford a fan and decided on a cheaper option. Maybe.

it's annoying enough having a pigeon flying around a room, so a human, adult-sized mutant in a confined space just isn't doable.

It's common sense.

On 9/2/2023 at 6:52 PM, Ken Aldred said:

So far as I know, only The Beast's magically-suspended trapeze on the X-Men 1 cover.

It's really The Angel who's the problem. No motion lines indicating he's hovering in place, and Xavier must be a bit frustrated with him fluttering above there. Unless he couldn't afford a fan and decided on a cheaper option. Maybe.

it's annoying enough having a pigeon flying around a room, so a human, adult-sized mutant in a confined space just isn't doable.

It's common sense.

Iceman always bothered my OCD. Melted ice everywhere he goes!

Walking water damage.