• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,667 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, Dave2739 said:

I always thought it was weird that Wolverine's claws look flat on this cover. Very odd.

Hey, you're right.  I didn't notice that.  I guess they are supposed to be round??  

On 10/9/2023 at 7:54 PM, gadzukes said:

And the pointy black costume things that go up past his knees..... they're not really very practical for walking around are they?

Also those pointy things on the front leg boot don't match up to the knee, looks like the boot slipped.  And Spidey is looking rather squat in his poise.  This is not one of Layton's best covers.

On 10/8/2023 at 3:59 PM, gadzukes said:

I thought covers were supposed to make people want to buy the comic, not run away from the comic.  This cover is so bad.

IMG_9731.jpeg

The claws are a bit too dramatically in-your-face and intimidating towards the reader.

Maybe trying too hard to create an overly aggressive figure and perspective, while the expression on his face doesn’t really match that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/9/2023 at 7:54 PM, gadzukes said:

And the pointy black costume things that go up past his knees..... they're not really very practical for walking around are they?

Depending on how rigid they are, they either provide a slight tickle or poke the hell out of that region …probably helps send him into his ornery “berserker rage”

On 10/9/2023 at 12:01 PM, Senormac said:

Hey, you're right.  I didn't notice that.  I guess they are supposed to be round??  

I don't recall seeing them illustrated as round until later on.    I haven't read any x-men in a long time but I recall them being, well, like blades.   Thin in the front at the cutting edge and a little thicker in the back.   Like knives.

They did begin to be illustrated as being more round at some point by at least some artists, but practically speaking, that's kind of ridiculous as you don't cut through anything with something shaped like a broom handle.

Edited by Bronty

You could be right Bronty.  I was thinking they might be shaped like an animal's claw or a bird talon.  Kinda round but with sharp pointy ends.  

We will have to consult his first appearance in Hulk #180 and see :grin:

On 10/11/2023 at 5:52 PM, Senormac said:

You could be right Bronty.  I was thinking they might be shaped like an animal's claw or a bird talon.  Kinda round but with sharp pointy ends.  

We will have to consult his first appearance in Hulk #180 and see :grin:

you know, that's a good point too.   When they first designed the character, I have to think they would have used real wolverine claws as the basic model.

vincent-van-zalinge-V9DaHHl3dd0-unsplash

On 10/18/2023 at 4:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are we not calling book covers panels? @Larryw7 @Senormac what's with the confusion 🤔 cause now I'm 🤔

A panel is one single frame from a comic book page. So no, a cover is not a panel. An entire comic page is not a panel either.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:50 PM, Dave2739 said:

A panel is one single frame from a comic book page. So no, a cover is not a panel. An entire comic page is not a panel either.

It's appreciated 👍

For some odd reason I was trying to make it one full complete bubble of dialogue. No worries, as that barely fits most covers at all. All good.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM