• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,656 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I try not to peel too deep into the  “superhero physics” onion. No future in it. :bigsmile:

I just sit back here and let Kav explain it to me.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I just sit back here and let Kav explain it to me.

Batman explained:
He DOES have a super power.  He is incredibly lucky when it comes to bullets.  He has been shot at over one million times and never been hit.  He got this power because joe chill's bullets had been exposed to radio activity and when they passed young Bruce, he absorbed anti bullet quarks.

5 hours ago, kav said:

Ps I argued with one dude who claimed superman flew by means of a body force field of some type.  I asked um where has it ever said that in any comic?
You dont get to just invent your own reasons for a fictional character you have not created.

John Byrne came up with the idea that a lot of Superman's powers are telekinetic, such as super-strength being a contact telekinetic force lifting the object, and also as an explanation for his flying ability.

I've no real, technical opinion.  As the saying goes; I just read these things.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

John Byrne came up with the idea that a lot of Superman's powers are telekinetic, such as super-strength being a contact telekinetic force lifting the object, and also as an explanation for his flying ability.

I've no real, technical opinion.  As the saying goes; I just read these things.

Did he explain how coming from krypton to earth caused this?
Ps in the original action comics everyone on krypton had super powers because they were an 'advanced race'.

I'm going to keep this thread rolling cuz I find it entertaining and it's good for a laugh in the new world we find ourselves in.

Here we find Jimmy Olsen (a source of countless dumb panels) trapped on a rooftop by thugs.  He needs to alert the authorities so he breaks off Letters on the Roof and throws them into the river.

Unbelievably impossible with the flow of the river.  

With my luck the letters would have shifted around in the water to say "SHHAT GUT KRAP" and the authorities would have been very confused.

1.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I'm going to keep this thread rolling cuz I find it entertaining and it's good for a laugh in the new world we find ourselves in.

Here we find Jimmy Olsen (a source of countless dumb panels) trapped on a rooftop by thugs.  He needs to alert the authorities so he breaks off Letters on the Roof and throws them into the river.

With my luck the letters would have shifted around in the water to say "SHHAT GUT KRAP" and the authorities would have been very confused.

1.jpg

I guess the years of hanging with Superman really paid off! lol

3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

1.jpg

NO

Of course, the sign coincidentally has all of the letters present needed to write out the message perfectly.  

That’s the first problem.

Edited by Ken Aldred

26 minutes ago, kav said:

NO

That’s a bit loud, Kav.

150 decibel font size.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Of course, the sign coincidentally has all of the letters present needed to write out the message perfectly.  

That’s the first problem.

second problem is no letters upside down or side ways.  third is sign letters are stronly secured ya cant just yank em.  fourth problem is the letters would be much farther apart due to time taken to move to next letter and yank it free.  fifth problem is-

12 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

That’s 60s DC for you.

Pimping out a chimp. 

I love those goofy stories.  You cant say they werent imaginative! wish I could find the one where jimmy was wearing superman costume and banged his head woke up was convinced he had super powers.  Every time superman tried to show him he didnt, something would happen to make it sem like he did have super powers.  That takes a lot of thought!  lol 

11 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

He's not just a new hero, he's a new new hero. 

I can never find the Scott pilgrim movie gif of "new new" but it's all throughout that movie

PT66tP.gif