• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,656 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

The highest grade SA comic I ever owned was a Brother Power 1. It was raw, but virtually flawless. I had a nosebleed 2 to go with it.

Was happy to get $20 for the pair when I sold them.

So you're saying I'm going to be RICH when my auction is over?

It'll be my Brother Power Stimulus Package?

Um..... am I even gonna get $9.99 for it?

What if I forge Stan Lee's signature on it?

Edited by gadzukes

18 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

The highest grade SA comic I ever owned was a Brother Power 1. It was raw, but virtually flawless.

I had a nosebleed 2 to go with it.

Was happy to get $20 for the pair when I sold them.

I once saw someone buy a similar book for £25, about $40 at the time, at a UK comic mart.  Possibly a Boston copy.

3 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

Basil Wolverton’s alien eating monster (Amazing Mystery Funnies #24, September 1940).

Z7YrfnE.jpg

Very few people realize this, but Basil Wolverton was the impetus for Jack Kirby and Stan Lee’s FANTASTIC FOUR. The cover to issue #1 is the proof:

96363142-A3FC-40D0-8E04-0E0F3FBA7064.jpeg

In the spirit of Brother Power, a ridiculous comic as opposed to a panel, I nominate the following:

Justice League of America 89 

World’s Finest 289

the entire “New Blackhawk Era”

You’ll have to read them to know the extent of their crimes. I apologize in advance.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:43 PM, gadzukes said:

I've been slowly selling a collection on ebay and pulled out this comic today.  

A DC "Hippy" comic called "Brother Power - The Geek", written and drawn by Joe Simon (Joe must have been smokin' something good while making this one).  

It is seriously almost unreadable.  So bad. 

The cover says "Here is the REAL-LIFE SCENE of the Dangers in HIPPIE-LAND".

Check out the cover & an interior splash.  Ridiculous.

4.jpg

He must have went to the Jack Kirby school of writing hippie dialogue.

Plenty of goofy panels in Action 305 'why stupidman needs a secret identity'.  The writers really need to stretch credibility to drive this home.  Here we see luthor killing stupidman as he flies out of his apt.  why he even needs an apt is a mystery he can live in the fortress or the moon for that matter.  Yes luthor could never shoot stupidman anywhere else but flying out of his apt.  He never shows up anywhere else as everyone knows.

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 3.59.11 PM.png

3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I ran across this cover today.

:facepalm:

Are those Hub-Caps on the front of his outfit?  And it's quite the anatomy lesson.  And quite the lesson in shading.

The only redeeming thing for me is the artist remembered to put the "T" on Thor's belt.

1.jpg

What the focaccia is that!

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

That side of the fam should drop by for an exterminate party.

They'll have to watch they don't run over his cloak though. It looks about 30 feet long.

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They'll have to watch they don't run over his cloak though. It looks about 30 feet long.

He also looks like he's ready to rip a narster of the arser-I think he's trying to push one out.