• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2023 at 5:06 AM, kimik said:

And that sums up every Ant-Man appearance in the MCU. Rudd is miscast in this role - he is better suited to other types of comedy than forced MCU comedy.

Hm, you might have a point there.

He fit the first two, light hearted, child-friendly content.

Edited by Microchip

Anyone going to see this tonight? I wanted to, but we got a ton of snow - just bought my ticket online for the Saturday matinee. Now to stay away from spoilers for the next 36+ hours...

well it's better then Thor: Love and Thunder but that wouldn't take much. I went with my comic friends to see this the same as we do all comic movies and I went to sleep at least twice that I know of in the first hour :facepalm: I'll be going again this weekend to take my daughter like we always do every comic movie and will try again :popcorn: the action scenes towards the end of the movie were good but wow will let you know after the second viewing 

Not going to lie.  I have a lot going on and forgot this movie was released. 

Apparently a lot of other people did as well. 

I just got back from the theater.

Texted a few friends that I normally see these things with.  One person said that they saw it this afternoon.  Another said that they will wait until it is on Disney+.

I had bought a ticket and reserved a seat in prime real estate in what turned out to become a 1/3 full theater about a half hour before the movie was to start. 

Review forthcoming.   I am trying to figure out a way to explain what I saw without being all spoilery. 

I saw the early Rotten Tomatoes score which lowered my expectations, but honestly, the movie is much better than what the critics score shows.  It's a fun popcorn comic film.  This isn't a film that's going to be up for an Oscar.  It is an enjoyable way to spend two hours.  The CGI of the last few films has been subpar, but there's a return to form.  I think some of the color palette is still too bright, and one of the characters in particular looks misplaced.  But beyond that, it looks better than the last few Marvel films.  In terms of writing, the film has a decent pace, but there are elements that feel lazy.  The final battle felt like it borrowed from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.  There's a deus ex machina moment that feels cheap.  And the solution to many of the problems our heroes faced is solved in a rather straight forward fashion without some of the wit that we've seen from the first two films.  But despite all that, there were a lot more positive moments than there were negative.  Paul Rudd is charismatic as ever and Jonathan Majors does a great job as Kang.  A fun film, not a top tier MCU film, but not bottom tier either.