• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2023 at 10:30 AM, ThothAmon said:

Thanks. Sadly all those Micronauts comics I own will remain buried away. 

Character-wise, the MCU Guardians of the Galaxy are a lot like the Micronauts and the MCU Mantis bears a strong resemblance to Bug. So the GOTG might be the closest the MCU gets to that until Captain Universe shows up in the future.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:18 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The fact that no one can ever die, now thanks to the multiverse, is really a big factor for why these movies are so boring to me.

Well, the two MCU movies/series where this very thing came into play were Avengers Endgame and Loki, where Thanos, Gamora, and Loki were “replaced” by their multiverse variants. In all three cases, the variants were able to see how their 616 counterparts lived and died. Thanos and Loki literally saw their deaths, resulting in a profound change in their character’s decision making. With the variant Loki, seeing his other life and death on film at the TVA changed his entire life’s view. I didn’t find that boring in the least.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

QUANTUMANIA PRODUCER CONFIRMS AN ANT-MAN 2 FAN THEORY WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

In an interview with Inverse’s Hoai-Tran Bui, Quantumania producer Stephen Broussard, Vice President of Production & Development, says that all of Quantumania — where Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) ventures into the Quantum Realm to rescue his daughter, Cassie (Kathryn Newton) — is building upon a teaser the filmmakers snuck in 2018’s Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Broussard elaborates on a scene from Ant-Man and the Wasp when Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) rescues Janet van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer) from the Quantum Realm at the end of the movie. If you look closely, there is a city-like structure in the background. Broussard says this was a peek into the civilizations that actually exist in the Quantum Realm.

“We had put some little Easter eggs when they found Janet that could that could hint to more life and more civilization down there,” Broussard says. “That's these DVD freeze moments, if you if you want to look for them. I think people have found it before, there's a moment when Hank finally rescues Janet. And they are making their escape back up to our world in his quantum pod, his sled there. And in the background, you see sort of this domed city, this glass city that kind of mixes in with the background there, but it's oddly architectural.”

e9d1b301-88c3-4508-92b0-8d7644b7a995-videoscreenshot-disneyplus-marvelstudiosant-manandthewasp-9501.thumb.jpg.4eb0b101e327ea7c4a316328e688e5ec.jpg

I will watch this movie, although I'm way behind in the Marvel movies, and I'm too lazy too watch things in the proper order... just saw the 1st Ant-Man last night (do I need to see the 2nd one before the latest?) If so I'll watch it too, as I really enjoyed the movie. I was surprised. I never cared about the character, ever, so I was starting from zero on this one, maybe that helped, at any rate thought it was really well executed, the characters worked for me, and I would get in line to see more of the Wasp...(kind of a comic book crush, liked the actress in the role) so count me in on this one...I tend to be optimistic about the movies right now, I realize I am probably in the minority on that, and yes some recent attempts have been bad, but so many are made that there are bound to be peaks and troughs...I try to give each new one the benefit of the doubt at least...

On 2/12/2023 at 12:11 PM, crassus said:

I will watch this movie, although I'm way behind in the Marvel movies, and I'm too lazy too watch things in the proper order... just saw the 1st Ant-Man last night (do I need to see the 2nd one before the latest?) If so I'll watch it too, as I really enjoyed the movie. I was surprised. I never cared about the character, ever, so I was starting from zero on this one, maybe that helped, at any rate thought it was really well executed, the characters worked for me, and I would get in line to see more of the Wasp...(kind of a comic book crush, liked the actress in the role) so count me in on this one...I tend to be optimistic about the movies right now, I realize I am probably in the minority on that, and yes some recent attempts have been bad, but so many are made that there are bound to be peaks and troughs...I try to give each new one the benefit of the doubt at least...

Oh I’d say you definitely need to watch Ant-Man and the Wasp before Ant-Man Quantumania, otherwise you might be wondering how Michele Pfeiffer got here. IMO, it’s not as good as the first movie, but it is more action packed.

On 2/14/2023 at 8:35 AM, Gatsby77 said:

We're less than 3 days away and it's virtual crickets.

I never expect much the week of release until the reviews start coming in.  Not much to discuss until there's something juicy about how good the film is.  (shrug)

On 2/14/2023 at 10:17 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic it will be a good time, but Kang always seemed like such a minor villain to me - not remotely in the same league as Dr. Doom, Thanos, etc.

Which never made sense to me - if you can travel through time then you are a threat to anyone/anything. He could eliminate Dr. Doom, Thanos, Galactus, etc. with ease.

On 2/14/2023 at 6:35 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I'm shocked at the seeming lack of enthusiasm for this movie on these boards.

We're less than 3 days away and it's virtual crickets.

I'm not. It is Ant-Man........