• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ongoing discussions about the chat forum software
3 3

154 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

1) when I get a PM notification and click on it, my PM opens to the 1st page of the PM string and not the newest message. Highly irritating and it really is unacceptable. Is there any sort of solution for this that I've missed?

Yes, the black bloody circle thing Roy! :mad:

:)

On 11/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, VintageComics said:

It's been a few years now since the change and I'm wondering how people who were here before feel about it if you still have any ongoing problems.

My most common problems / complaints have not changed.

1) when I get a PM notification and click on it, my PM opens to the 1st page of the PM string and not the newest message. Highly irritating and it really is unacceptable. Is there any sort of solution for this that I've missed?

2) when I am doing searches I often get a time out and an error and have to retry. I would say this happens at least once every 5-10 searches. Anybody else? Another thing that is unacceptable.

3) Once I read / seen a post that I've been notified about, the notification from the Notifications bell at the top of the screen should remove the notification. It doesn't. I have to go up there and check the notifications redundantly to make it go away.

4) They've changed the PM search function and now older messages don't show up in my searches (since the change)

Maybe I've missed solutions to these things?

Thoughts?

@Architecht

@Scott =)

I had another time out error during a PM search and it reminded me of this thread.

Gang, any answers to some of the questions in this thread?

I think that it should be public on who reports a post. There is definitely a small number of people looking out for certain people to say something they don't like and then they hump the button on them. I feel that making the record of who reports what public will curtail this, esp. when people can use certain phrases in a thread's title and not have a problem, but someone else uses it in a post deep in a thread and they get reported. At the least, it will force this group to start being consistent in their button-humping ways, or show to the moderation team that some members here are being targeted unfairly.

-slym

4 minutes ago, slym2none said:

I think that it should be public on who reports a post. There is definitely a small number of people looking out for certain people to say something they don't like and then they hump the button on them. I feel that making the record of who reports what public will curtail this, esp. when people can use certain phrases in a thread's title and not have a problem, but someone else uses it in a post deep in a thread and they get reported. At the least, it will force this group to start being consistent in their button-humping ways, or show to the moderation team that some members here are being targeted unfairly.

Gimme a "Hel"! Gimme a "yeah"!

I will use this opportunity to once again request a "comprehensive ignore system" like they have on Facebook and Twitter. Its benefits should be well worth the effort to create/install.

I should be able to entirely disappear from the screens of others, and vice versa. It would cut down on moderation activity significantly.

55 minutes ago, slym2none said:

-slym

Do you think that might cause more problems that it solves though Slym? Whoever was bold enough to report someone openly would then be an obvious target for a tit for tat argument with them as the target, and any cronies of theirs, would know it was them. 

Wouldn't it be better for the mods to firstly give more leeway for the types of phrases you mean - strikes for 'WTF's' etc are a bit silly, especially where there is clearly no intent to aggravate. And also maybe the mods could be more on the ball of managing serial button humpers. If the same person keeps reporting the same people, the mods should take note of that and, if anything, moderate the humper shouldn't they? 

Come to think of it, wasn't 'excessive reporting' a moderation offence anyway at one time? I lose track of the rules now that the system is so opaque. 

Either way, I fully support a total 100% ignore function. 

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Do you think that might cause more problems that it solves though Slym? Whoever was bold enough to report someone openly would then be an obvious target for a tit for tat argument with them as the target, and any cronies of theirs, would know it was them. 

Wouldn't it be better for the mods to firstly give more leeway for the types of phrases you mean - strikes for 'WTF's' etc are a bit silly, especially where there is clearly no intent to aggravate. And also maybe the mods could be more on the ball of managing serial button humpers. If the same person keeps reporting the same people, the mods should take note of that and, if anything, moderate the humper shouldn't they? 

Come to think of it, wasn't 'excessive reporting' a moderation offence anyway at one time? I lose track of the rules now that the system is so opaque. 

I wish. There are 2 people on my case that I know report anything and everything I post. They both openly admitted as much.

Whatever discourages button-humping is A-okay with me. 'Open' reporting would either discourage people from doing so, or discourage other people from interacting with said users.

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Mods notified!

1 hour ago, slym2none said:

-slym

Even better, we should be allowed to tell people publicly that we don't like them and why 2c

20 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

There are 2 people on my case that I know report anything and everything I post. They both openly admitted as much

Then they should themselves be moderated for excessive, targeted humping. Report them! 

That sounds good doesn't it, excessive, targeted humping. 

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Then they should themselves be moderated for excessive, targeted humping. Report them! 

That sounds good doesn't it, excessive, targeted humping. 

Nah. I reported Chuck a long time ago because he kept baiting me, but I couldn't care less anymore.

The other person has enough people reporting them. lol

7 minutes ago, slym2none said:
28 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Do you think that might cause more problems that it solves though Slym?

Nope.

I can see why you'd think so. We seem to have the worst of both worlds don't we. Secret reporting and no (apparent) control over those who unfairly target people.  

3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I can see why you'd think so. We seem to have the worst of both worlds don't we. Secret reporting and no (apparent) control over those who unfairly target people.  

You can't see it, but my mouse is clicking on the "Report post" link...

image.thumb.png.d728ed1fc3c084f572779017880481e0.png