• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Men’s Adventure Mags
11 11

1,069 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2023 at 12:00 PM, lbcolefan said:

2986BBDB-8CE4-4B5F-BEB5-D8BFFD6D8233.jpeg

Although I like many of the covers from this run of Real, I think this one is my favorite (Pretty sure this is Shannon Stirnweis art on the cover, but I'm not certain).  Nice simple composition with a strong hierarchy between the subjects and a stunning blue background.  (thumbsu

On 3/3/2023 at 12:38 AM, Randall Dowling said:

Although I like many of the covers from this run of Real, I think this one is my favorite (Pretty sure this is Shannon Stirnweis art on the cover, but I'm not certain).  Nice simple composition with a strong hierarchy between the subjects and a stunning blue background.  (thumbsu

One of my favorites as well. When the Napa copy popped up I couldn't resist it, even though I already had a decent copy!

Real Oct 1962.JPG

On 3/3/2023 at 11:54 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Napa copies... :cloud9:

Most of the good stuff must have been plundered by the time I stumbled across them, but I feel lucky to have some. Does anyone else here have copies from the collection? [Don't see many out in the wild the days.]

On 3/4/2023 at 3:38 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Most of the good stuff must have been plundered by the time I stumbled across them, but I feel lucky to have some. Does anyone else here have copies from the collection? [Don't see many out in the wild the days.]

I have a dozen or so.  I'm in the middle of a massive inventory on all of my books.  I'll scan the ones I have and post them over the next week.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:30 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

It bookends with this one for me.

Lion July 1960.jpg

This is an exceptionally scarce book.  They only ever published 2 issues (this is the second) and the first has a classic "dog threatening woman" cover.  I've only seen each for sale one time, many years ago.

Thanks for posting this, Flex!  (thumbsu

On 3/4/2023 at 5:12 PM, Randall Dowling said:

This is an exceptionally scarce book.  They only ever published 2 issues (this is the second) and the first has a classic "dog threatening woman" cover.  I've only seen each for sale one time, many years ago.

Thanks for posting this, Flex!  (thumbsu

I had no idea there was another issue!