• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Men’s Adventure Mags
11 11

1,069 posts in this topic

A similar composition, Roger Kastel seems to like this angle :whistle:

Adventurev141n03(1965-02.New)coverKastel.thumb.jpg.b91ed5d630b5ba3f0a7235f132a56c6e.jpg

Interestingly, I'm finding a lot more eBay sellers listing these with a splash as the first auction image.

Those of us who collect these know that a good splash is a huge draw, but I'm still surprised with the choice of those over a cover.

That was to be the cover for "Wolverines Ripped My Flesh," the lost album by Frank Zappa.

Yasssss, love to meet some other collectors of these.  I wish I'd picked up more of them when you could get lots for dirt cheap.  You can find great splash pages all over the place, but there's no doubt the nice copies of the ones with great cover art are a prize.

I'd like a nicer copy of this one:

Sir!v14n11(1958-01.Volitant)cover.thumb.jpg.c41f2dd0d43a651f0afcca982597060e.jpg

Worship my missile, ladies :x

Edited by Darwination

On 10/3/2023 at 5:12 AM, Jack Linguini said:

You gotta put the ladies through a wash and rinse cycle before you can get them into the test-tubes.

That would have made no sense to me unless I had not randomly discovered the babes in test-tubes thread just yesterday.

On 10/3/2023 at 6:17 PM, RedRaven said:

That would have made no sense to me unless I had not randomly discovered the babes in test-tubes thread just yesterday.

And I'm creating an anachronism and or time paradox here.
Where late 1950s Nazis are:
capturing American suburban housewives
Washing and preparing them for
Travel via time machine to the late 1930s
for proto-Nazi scientists to entube them.

I don't have any hard data on this but it *feels* like most of the entubements happened in the 1930s to mid 1940s.

Edited by Jack Linguini
bla bla bla