• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK starring Tom Cruise (2020)
4 4

465 posts in this topic

Spoilers ......

You got a real attitude problem, Mitchell; you're a slacker. You remind me of your father when he went here; he was a slacker, too. 

I noticed your name is on the roster for top gun today. Why even bother, Mitchell? You don't have a chance. You're too much like your old man. No Mitchell ever amounted to anything in the history of Top Gun!

Spoiler.....

Well, the station  doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans has demonstrated a weakness in the  station. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point.....

On 5/22/2022 at 7:29 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Again - he was fired from Paramount.

Big shift from him being a money-loser leading to the firing.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Viacom's Sumner Redstone fired him from Paramount Studios after the Oprah couch-jumping, which Redstone claimed cost Mission Impossible 3 "$100+ million dollars" in box office receipts.

Now you realize there were other motivations behind this to break a Cruise-positive contract. Glad I could help on your knowledge journey.

:cheers:

On 5/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, ganni said:

Spoilers ......

You got a real attitude problem, Mitchell; you're a slacker. You remind me of your father when he went here; he was a slacker, too. 

I noticed your name is on the roster for top gun today. Why even bother, Mitchell? You don't have a chance. You're too much like your old man. No Mitchell ever amounted to anything in the history of Top Gun!

Did you get to see it?

We saw t in IMAX unlike how they did Dr Strange

My brother was born in 1987 never saw the first top gun.

Complained while we were in line. Has relatives and friend who work on planes for the Air Force.

Saw this one for the first time and it blew his expectations out of the water.

That said it may just be the high octane, but he gave it praise all the way to the car.

Plus they gave away hats afterwards. 😂

IMG_20220523_214158597.jpg

The release of the long-awaited sequel to the iconic 1986 movie is poised to be a defining moment for the box office recovery, which so far has been largely fueled by superhero fare.

Top Gun 2 is easily headed for the biggest opening of Tom Cruise’s career at the domestic box office, with a four-day gross of at least $92 million, according to official tracking. And that’s a conservative estimate. Many pundits believe the critically acclaimed sequel could soar well north of $100 million domestically, but tracking — one of Hollywood’s favorite pastimes — has become fraught in the pandemic era. Exhibitors are especially bullish on the pic, and are even thinking $125 million-plus.

Spoilers ....

deleted scenes...

5th gen jet pilot:    The Force is strong with this one......         I have you now..........:Rocket:

After holding what is one of the most anticipated sequels in decades due to Covid, Paramount finally roars its engines on its Tom Cruise feature Top Gun: Maverick in what is not only expected to be the 3x Oscar nominee’s best worldwide opening of his career at $180M, but also a record for him stateside with at least $92M-$100M+ and what also looks to be one of the top ten debuts over the 4-day Memorial Day weekend.

Awareness around the globe is sky-high, and though tracking stateside shows older men being dominant, the hope here is that Top Gun 2 is a ‘five-quad’ movie as those in the industry call an aggressive overperforming title.