• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 cent Variant List-Help wanted

904 posts in this topic

Sure, I'll do two quick attachments of the 35-cent cover price reprint. The 30-cent cover price reprint is not in my possession which is why I want to figure out if one is rare or not - perhaps I should have bought the 30-cent cover price issue instead! I probably have the regular 30-cent version of #3 but it is lost somewhere amid the randomness that is my comics collection.

Wayne

589a8ad4452bd_159421-StarWars3Reprint35CentVariant002.jpg.a9803838fe5b2422287e51e6fb6d9ccc.jpg

Wayne,

Just wanted to confirm what ninanina said-definitely a Whitman reprint sold originally in 4 packs of 1-4.

There's another thread that I don't have the time to find that discusses Whitman versions of Marvel books. In a nutshell, though, ninanina's reasons for identifying your copy as a Whitman stand true for most Marvel books. Whitman DC's, however, have one of any number of Whitman logos on them and typically do not have a cover price. Don't start asking whether all Whitman's are reprints--there's widely different opinions on this.

The latest addition to the site , and an ommission from my list of potential variant issues, is Kull 21. Thanks to yet another contributor. Keep 'em coming.

Yeah, I saw Darth won that one and took my snipe right out of the contest. grin.gif

Paul... thanks for doing the new update. I know we all appreciate the work you do on the site.

One minor glitch. The months you have listed for 35c Kid Colts are incorrect. Take a look and you'll spot it right off...

Happy collecting...

'House

Added them on yesterday, but missed the Spect. Spidey 7. Pretty amazing--there's a whole lot of x' showing up in a short time.

Lighthouse, I'll take a look at it over the weekend. Thanks for the help.

Two more to add to your list:

From this auction: Variant lot

Marvel Triple Action 36

Howard the Duck 16

I'll try to have scans for you the second week of June... but you can pull the digital photos now.

I'll try to have scans for you the second week of June

Arrogant fokker! tongue.gif Just for that I'm sniping at $800 for kicks wink.gif Beware the Daffy06! He's not buing my Iron Fist 15 CGC 4.0 and X-Men 105 variants because he's saving for this one wink.gif