• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 cent Variant List-Help wanted

904 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has an idea what is a good price for a HTD #13 CGC 9.4 (Highest Graded) or what would one go for?

should be practically free, but since drewincanada, and docjoe are both looking for a copy, who knows.

If you put it on ebay, it could do well as there appears to be some new money pushing even commons back up to the level of the frenzy from a couple years back.

do you have one, or is someone trying to hit you up?

Isn't Scooby Doo #1 rarer than Flintstones?

BTW, I still remember that auction for the Flintstones, I found the hidden listing and was watching it, but since I was really only into mainstream superhero 35-centers, I let it slide.

100100.jpg.e0d7b5b4ca25f3ba9b8e61dfdb290379.jpg

I know of two flintstones.

I know of five scooby doo's.

I can only go by what I have tracked.

I have personally seen 3 Flintstones online, including the one I posted above that Cosmic outbidded me on.

I know of two flintstones.

I know of five scooby doo's.

I can only go by what I have tracked.

I have personally seen 3 Flintstones online, including the one I posted above that Cosmic outbidded me on.

hm I have never seen a Flintstones #1 Variant for sale online myself so someone else must have outbid you on that one. Mine came from a Large Original Owner Collection of 35 cent variants I bought from a guy in a personal sale. That Collection also contained 2 copies of the Scooby Doo #1 variant. :grin: So if you have seen 3 online that means that 4 copies have surfaced so far. :cool:

hm I have never seen a Flintstones #1 Variant for sale online myself so someone else must have outbid you on that one.

I was positive it was you.... hm

that was back when you were hopped up on goofballs :baiting:

I have never seen one for sale, and trust me, I have been looking for years :pullhair:

It might have been one of the other "known" variant hunters like Friendly Andy or comichunters.... someone I definitely knew from my variant hunting days.

The date on the Flintstones image (posted above) was November 2003, so that's when the auction was active and I downloaded the scan to make sure the seller didn't pull a switcheroo.

It might have been one of the other "known" variant hunters like Friendly Andy or comichunters.... someone I definitely knew from my variant hunting days.

The date on the Flintstones image (posted above) was November 2003, so that's when the auction was active and I downloaded the scan to make sure the seller didn't pull a switcheroo.

In 2003, I moved to MD from Alaska. I was still putting together my 30 cent run and was not into the 35's until a couple years later, so I probably would not have seen that book. I thought 35 cent variant collectors were whacko.

I do know this- friendly_andy doesn't find books himself (then he flips them for eleventy-million-dollars :roflmao: ), Comichunters told me he never saw a scooby or flintstones, and the only variant collector I know with a flintstones is Cosmic.

So whoever got that book is low profile, or not even a variant type at all (shrug)

In 2003, I moved to MD from Alaska. I was still putting together my 30 cent run and was not into the 35's until a couple years later, so I probably would not have seen that book. I thought 35 cent variant collectors were whacko.

I do know this- friendly_andy doesn't find books himself (then he flips them for eleventy-million-dollars :roflmao: ), Comichunters told me he never saw a scooby or flintstones, and the only variant collector I know with a flintstones is Cosmic.

So whoever got that book is low profile, or not even a variant type at all (shrug)

That is like most of the variants that show up on these auction sites, I miss out and then I see who on here got it but they never show up on the registry. Their must be a variant collector who is not on here because back in 2006 the HG of IF#14 never showed up on here or the HG of X-Men #100. I missed both and never found them again. :sorry:

Just found it, mystery solved! EBay user who bought that Flintstones #1 was:

red-raven1

He paid $21.50 (yeah, I'm cheap).

I just looked up his account, and he seems to have disappeared sometime in 2006, but I do remember him outbidding me on more than a few 35-centers - I only found the Flintstones listing in Auction Magic (it had numbers at the front making it impossible to sort) was by sorting by ID and looking over those who made multiple entries.

It was like a walk down 35-cent memory lane. :cloud9:

I loaded up an ancient copy of Auction Magic and am slowly going through my old auction database.

Who is daffy06?

Other possibilities: canickus, bonas0123

Hello Vince,

Auction Magic seems to be a pretty cool research tool. As far as I know daffy06 and bonas0123 are still active variant collectors and have completed the 30 cent set.