• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 cent Variant List-Help wanted

904 posts in this topic

red raven was a board member over at STLcomics. I have corresponded with him several times. He is not interested in selling. He was the second copy I was counting. I did not know how he got it. He had posted a scan showing he had it.

very nice guy, just not selling

Vince--your record keeping is pretty impressive (worship)

daffy06 is a very cool character. He has dropped off the grid as of late, but is a huge variant HOARDER.

bonas0123 is a variant collector with a complete set of 30's and is working on the 35's. Bonas does not hoard. If Bonas bids, it means he needs the book.

As far as I know, both still need some books for their runs to include both Hanna Barbara's

Just found it, mystery solved! EBay user who bought that Flintstones #1 was:

red-raven1

He paid $21.50 (yeah, I'm cheap).

I just looked up his account, and he seems to have disappeared sometime in 2006, but I do remember him outbidding me on more than a few 35-centers - I only found the Flintstones listing in Auction Magic (it had numbers at the front making it impossible to sort) was by sorting by ID and looking over those who made multiple entries.

It was like a walk down 35-cent memory lane. :cloud9:

He bought from me in 2001 and 2002. I wonder what the items were? hm

Just found it, mystery solved! EBay user who bought that Flintstones #1 was:

red-raven1

He paid $21.50 (yeah, I'm cheap).

I just looked up his account, and he seems to have disappeared sometime in 2006, but I do remember him outbidding me on more than a few 35-centers - I only found the Flintstones listing in Auction Magic (it had numbers at the front making it impossible to sort) was by sorting by ID and looking over those who made multiple entries.

It was like a walk down 35-cent memory lane. :cloud9:

He bought from me in 2001 and 2002. I wonder what the items were? hm

he is a huge fan of the white box star burst marvels (shrug)

I think he is a member here, but not as red raven

There is a Spider-man #170 35c price Variant on ebay currently in CGC 6.5 with an asking price of $4,500.00 gasp!!!
Think that is bad......

!B)elFTgB2k~$(KGrHqEOKjkEwPT!sC!TBMNnmU3Y0Q~~_3.JPG

and the guy wants $1750 for it :sorry: and I wanted one till I look at this book and it is beyond my "reader copy standards" as a pure collector. I would waste my money buying it and then CGC it to add to the "35 Cent" set on here. To me this is a cool book but I hate to see what the pages are like after seeing the cover up close. I don't think I will find a nice one anytime soon and if I buy this then the most I could offer this guy is $20 max but I bet the guy will tell me to :censored: off and go to :censored: you :censored::censored: hole.

So what should I do?? The book is at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=120593707830&Category=32769&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2 if anyone wants to check this out and see if they have bought from this guy before and how he is like.

That's ludicrous.

Here, email this seller. Check with ShieldAgent, he probably has about eight of them lying around.

Thank you for always watching out for me Dan. I didn't know we could ask other Variant collectors for books we need. Is that how people move up the registry? We get to share the fun at #1 or #2 spot for the year ;) ; if so then this group is the coolest collectors on here (thumbs u .

Well I have a long way to go with the variants and I posted on Harry's thread that if he lets me since he is holding off on variants that if anyone who might have variants could still post them and we can all fight to get it or maybe pm us if we might need it. I don't know how great that might work out but we are all needing a book or a better copy of a book we already have for our collection. So I hope we can do it that way.

Thank you again :foryou:

Well no luck yet with the seller and I hinted to Shield and to another boardie but I would like one (shrug). I guess will keep on my quest for 35-cent Iron Fist. Thank you again (thumbs u .

These variants are a bit of overpriced, no ?

(shrug) which ones?

hm The only ones I know of are from people who don't know the rarity of some books compared to the condition they are in.

:makepoint: Like stated once before, "something is only what someone is willing to pay" or in the case of comic books; there only "real" value is what it printed the cover that a person was willing to buy it off the shelf.

Hey I trying to help some other people on here get HG books they need so in trade I would get the books I need. Well I bid/bought the books because they didn't reply to my PM for what I found. I didn't want someone else getting them. Well, I got PMed back to find out they were over priced and people I got them from were people that other Variant collectors keep away from. Can any one on here give me a list of them or the books they have so I can avoid them in the future. Now I got books I don't want or need right now and I might have to resell for a loss or sell overpriced. :tonofbricks:

Hey I trying to help some other people on here get HG books they need so in trade I would get the books I need. Well I bid/bought the books because they didn't reply to my PM for what I found. I didn't want someone else getting them. Well, I got PMed back to find out they were over priced and people I got them from were people that other Variant collectors keep away from. Can any one on here give me a list of them or the books they have so I can avoid them in the future. Now I got books I don't want or need right now and I might have to resell for a loss or sell overpriced. :tonofbricks:

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#4 - Nobody ends auctions early.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#7 - 35 cent variant collectors are insane.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

Where are all the 35 cent at WWChicago? I missed out on one dealer who had a bunch but sold them already to one guy for under guide two days ago. I guess I'm stuck with the internet and over priced books.