• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KEY books that are KEY books SOLELY because of cover no other reason KEY KEY KEY KEY KEY!!
7 7

403 posts in this topic

Rifleman 10 is a really good example of the pure cover key-worth way more than #1 even.  When a book is worth way more than the first issue, solely due to the cover-thats a key cover book!

By the way, I had no clue the Batman 423 was a key in terms of worth more than others. I knew of the cover, I remember really wanting it in my collection a decade ago and I remember getting it for the same 2-3$ as any other Batman of that era. But when I saw it in your list and saw that it had many different prints, which change the value from 100-1$, I suddenly wondered if the reason I got it so cheap years ago was because I had the second print. But no, I got the first print (direct edition), so I guess the higher interest in this comic/cover is relatively new?

Edited by William-James88

4 minutes ago, Steelrain41 said:

I haven't seen Cap Annual 8 yet so here's my beautiful copy. I have some Golden Age covers that I think are classic covers but I don't think anyone else really knows them...

IMG_20200301_202617026.jpg

IMG_20200214_184946054.jpg

IMG_20200117_211917181.jpg

IMG_20200111_183605335.jpg

are these books confirmed to be worth many multiples of surrounding issues?

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Has Defenders 10 been mentioned? Just a great bronze age battle cover that commands more value than surrounding issues. 

Image result for defenders 10

I think that one value is due to start of Defenders/Avengers war not due to cover.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:27 PM, William-James88 said:

What is wrong with you?

Do you not realize that the :makepoint: emoji is very often used when somebody misses something? You clearly took it the wrong way.

In this case you missed that two people mentioned Suspense Comics 3 in this thread long before you. The second person to mention it also acknowledged that he was wrong that it hadn't been previously posted.

24 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

SuperMystery0002.jpg

That dude should stick to trimming comic books!