• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the Corona virus affected any cons yet?
7 7

434 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

i think the person meant koreacon.

lol  that's no small mistake and you may be right.  I can't really imagine any kind of comic show in China mainland, open to people in costumes from all over the world 

35 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

Emerald City Comic Con has been postponed until the summer now

really where did you see this? 

I wonder if Toronto comicon will suffer the same fate as I just read that the one person returning from Iran to Toronto took the TTC (bus) for 3 days while infected... :facepalm:

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Interesting. Could no spring shows may mean higher prices on books in auctions then as buyers will focus their $$$ there? hm

dont think so I see too many people investing in toilet paper, tissues and mac & cheese... lol 

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I doubt it would be a problem now. Took a friend to LAX yesterday. NO lines or crowds. Real unusual. He later told me the plane was less than half full. 

Anyone notice any extreme flight discounts/sales yet?

2 minutes ago, piper said:

Anyone notice any extreme flight discounts/sales yet?

extreme no but 25% for some west jet flights is what I've seen here.

Just now, Krismusic said:

extreme no but 25% for some west jet flights is what I've seen here.

Not bad.  I wish I could swing a March Break trip this year with the family.  It's a busy time of year for me at work (even more so now with the virus outbreak).  Hopefully, I see some more ticket sales for April/May time frame.

2 minutes ago, piper said:

Not bad.  I wish I could swing a March Break trip this year with the family.  It's a busy time of year for me at work (even more so now with the virus outbreak).  Hopefully, I see some more ticket sales for April/May time frame.

I prefer to keep my travel to a minimum but not like I had anything planned this year anyways lol