• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I posted this in the SA forum and was asked to post it in the GA forum, too. The book falls in between both forums, really.

This copy of Detective Comics #184 is, so far, the only CGC 9.8 graded issue of the title for the whole of the 1950s.

The scan doesn't really convey its sheer brilliance and freshness, and the small white spots in the top left - a tiny lack of ink during production - look far less prominent in reality.

DetectiveComics184.jpg

I posted this in the SA forum and was asked to post it in the GA forum, too. The book falls in between both forums, really.

This copy of Detective Comics #184 is, so far, the only CGC 9.8 graded issue of the title for the whole of the 1950s.

The scan doesn't really convey its sheer brilliance and freshness, and the small white spots in the top left - a tiny lack of ink during production - look far less prominent in reality.

DetectiveComics184.jpg

Not bad. Got anything else? Just kidding. That book is smoking! The rainbow colors on that book look so nice and bright. Spokanes are just amazing books. I have the Strange Adventures 9 from that collection and it has a jet black cover and bone white pages.

Ken

DetectiveComics184.jpg

That is just plan amazing ! (worship)

DetectiveComics184.jpg

That is just plan amazing ! (worship)

nice to see you post it in the GA forum (I consider all issues of tec through 225 to be golden age..)

if you have some others, please post!

DetectiveComics184.jpg

Gorgeous book! :cloud9:

Well, since this thread hasn't had any recent postings, might as well show off my newest pre-robin Tec book that I got today :cloud9: Been wanting an unrestored copy for a while now and I finally bought one.. Big kudos to 1koko for selling me this book :golfclap: All I need now is to upgrade my Tec 37 and 31. So, if any of you have any one of those copies in 4.0ish blue, let me know :wishluck:

Tec36-1.jpg

All I need now is a Tec 27 (definitely out of my budget) to complete the pre-robin tec set. Might take me years for me to afford a copy

Edited by Dark Knight

Well, since this thread hasn't had any recent postings, might as well show off my newest pre-robin Tec book that I got today :cloud9: Been wanting an unrestored copy for a while now and I finally bought one.. Big kudos to 1koko for selling me this book :golfclap: All I need now is to upgrade my Tec 37 and 31. So, if any of you have any one of those copies in 4.0ish blue, let me know :wishluck:

Tec36-1.jpg

Congrats Brian :cool:

How much did George get you for? Cool book.

Edited by Primetime

Very nice TEC 40.....since I only have a few TEC's, I decided to purchase a nice two face appearance. In the end of the story, he saves batman, gets his sentence reduced to a year, has plastic surgury, looks normal, gets the girl and leaves a happy man.....what the heck happened next to make him a bad boy again?

Detective80_VG-_thebigloo.jpg

Detective80back_VG-_thebigloo.jpg

Tec36-1.jpg

All I need now is a Tec 27 (definitely out of my budget) to complete the pre-robin tec set. Might take me years for me to afford a copy

suprisingly, one of the toughest pre robin tecs to get unrestored! congrats

Tec36-1.jpg

(worship) Nice addition to the pre robin tec collection Brian!!!!!!!

Tec36-1.jpg

Awesome book in a perfect grade. :cloud9:

Thanks guys for the comments. Definitely a toughy in unrestored condition and exactly at the grade that I want (As you know, i'm trying to get all CGC 4.0 pre-robin Tecs). Hopefully, I can have another upgrade soon

Very nice TEC 40.....since I only have a few TEC's, I decided to purchase a nice two face appearance. In the end of the story, he saves batman, gets his sentence reduced to a year, has plastic surgury, looks normal, gets the girl and leaves a happy man.....what the heck happened next to make him a bad boy again?

In BATMAN #81, an explosion ruins the plastic surgery, and Harvey turns back to his evil ways.

Tec36-1.jpg

Really nice copy! :applause:

In BATMAN #81, an explosion ruins the plastic surgery, and Harvey turns back to his evil ways.

guess I need a batman 81

guess I need a batman 81

This is sitting unsold in my Batman sale thread.......

mm0194-1.jpg

guess I need a batman 81

mm0194-1.jpg

unsold :o

Tec36-1.jpg

It was a pleasure Brian (thumbs u

guess I need a batman 81

mm0194-1.jpg

unsold :o

I'll give you a Morgan Silver Dollar for it......I'll even scratch out the face :o