• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Ben what's the scoop on that Tec #35 looks darn purdy. Where are all the high grade copies of this book? You see a lot of low to mid grade and restored on the market but that's about it.

I have not seen a high grade book of #35 outside of the 9.2 Larsen that has a cover cleaned I think... :P

Ben what's the scoop on that Tec #35 looks darn purdy. Where are all the high grade copies of this book? You see a lot of low to mid grade and restored on the market but that's about it.

I have not seen a high grade book of #35 outside of the 9.2 Larsen that has a cover cleaned I think... :P

You are correct and I say the same thing too

My 2 Latest Additions

sc01608659.jpg

The 37 looks like my old copy I sold to Dizzyfox a few months ago...did you get that from him? Glad it slabbed a 5.5 Mod (P)...I think I picked it up as a 6.0 Mod (P)...very nice book (thumbs u

Same book. Thought it come back a 6.0 as well. The 49 thought it would com back a 7.5, came back a 8. You win some you lose some, that's what makes collecting so great!!!

:cloud9:

:cloud9::cloud9:

I know where there is a raw 8.0 ish tec 35...and I believe S from Metro mentioned at some point in the past he had an 8.0 too

I know where there is a raw 8.0 ish tec 35...and I believe S from Metro mentioned at some point in the past he had an 8.0 too

Not for sale I assume? I figure you would be all over a book like this Rick.

oh, I Have tried....the collector has no need for money, he just loves the books (thumbs u

I talked to Calvin Slobodian at the Calgary Comic & Toy Expo a couple of weeks back about pre-Robin Tecs. He said he has#28-#37 (plus a bunch after that) in FNish or a bit better (he said his copy of #31 is FN/VF) condition. They are in his personal collection, though, and I don't believe they are for sale.

He did have a great selection of GA books at the show, with a nice early Batman run starting at #4 I believe. There were also some Tecs in the 40s and 50s on the wall as well, and a few nice Timelys scattered around.

I talked to Calvin Slobodian at the Calgary Comic & Toy Expo a couple of weeks back about pre-Robin Tecs. He said he has#28-#37 (plus a bunch after that) in FNish or a bit better (he said his copy of #31 is FN/VF) condition. They are in his personal collection, though, and I don't believe they are for sale.

He did have a great selection of GA books at the show, with a nice early Batman run starting at #4 I believe. There were also some Tecs in the 40s and 50s on the wall as well, and a few nice Timelys scattered around.

I need a restored 37! :sumo:

What else do you need?

lol Lots! I've always wanted a Pre-Robin Tec and 37 is my second favourite cover behind the unattainable 31.

I need a restored 37! :sumo:

sold my copy to Dizzyfox 5 months ago :(