• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

The unrestored Detective 28 cgc 3.5 has been relisted by Hunklives on ebay

I thought Rick stated that Hunklives wasn't the owner

Link

last I had heard from the owner (lives in CAL) was that he still had the book... now, is it possible he sold it...I guess...I have a follow up email into him just to make sure (thumbs u
He may have sold it without discussing it first with you????:o

:baiting:

meh

Link

last I had heard from the owner (lives in CAL) was that he still had the book... now, is it possible he sold it...I guess...I have a follow up email into him just to make sure (thumbs u

Perish the thought

Link

Perish the thought

I did request to be put on the short list should it be available for sale, and my request was acknowledged... not to say that I still couldn't have been bypassed (i am a cheap sob after all lol )

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this. The auction could be real but it just looks incredibly fishy. The fact that it was either canceled or removed a time before makes me wonder hm

I don't often post my acquisitions, but I'm pretty thrilled to get this one. My best and first serious catch of the year so far..

I thought I had been outbid on this by $1 as I watched it end, but it turned out that I won. I think for practical purposes they rounded my bid up $1.

The book is in better shape then I let myself expect. It had been mentioned that the spine split was about two inches but is really only about 3/4" and doesn't reach the top staple or the top of the book. The PQ isn't stellar, but isn't brittle at all. There is some tanning of the interior cover edges, but overall it's a pretty solid copy. Plenty good enough for me.

Detective37.jpg

I don't often post my acquisitions, but I'm pretty thrilled to get this one. My best and first serious catch of the year so far..

I thought I had been outbid on this by $1 as I watched it end, but it turned out that I won. I think for practical purposes they rounded my bid up $1.

The book is in better shape then I let myself expect. It had been mentioned that the spine split was about two inches but is really only about 3/4" and doesn't reach the top staple or the top of the book. The PQ isn't stellar, but isn't brittle at all. There is some tanning of the interior cover edges, but overall it's a pretty solid copy. Plenty good enough for me.

Detective37.jpg

Let me tell you sir....That is one heck of a Pre-Robin. There very very hard to find books. And the grade on yours looks amazing. I have one myself but it is in worse condition than yours (CGC 1.0).

So are you thinking about getting it CGC'd?

That is such an awesome copy, what was the described grade if you don't mind me asking? Or what did you think it was going to be?

The description was something like "overall fine with a minor spine split" So I was expecting no better than VG as a technical grade, and there was definitely some risk involved, but I think it turned out ok.

Detective37.jpg

:headbang: yah Mike. Nice eye appeal. The 37 was my very 1st Pre-Robin for me...

Detective37.jpg

:o(worship)