• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Any lucky boardie win this Tec 35 CGC 5.5 EP on clink?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3F%5FSORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26f1%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2ETitle%252C%2Bi%2EIssueNumber%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire3%3DDESC%26pg%3D2%23Item%5F889518&id=889518

Sold for $4,927 - any comments on the sale price?

I think it went for a nice price. I was thinking this would get closer to 6K. hm

Last year around this time you could not even touch a Tec 35 with at least the front cover for under 5K+

I sold a PR/FR raw Tec 35 with slight A resto for $5,100 a few months back.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270730117643

I Think I bought that copy off ebay in 2006 for $3600...sold it in 2008 for $5K... don't remember to whom hm

It's a nice looking book for a 5.5.

not near as nice in hand...the scan doesn't tell the story...it is a 5.5 for a reason (don't get me wrong, it looks "fine", but doesn't look VF like the scan makes it appear too...)

Any lucky boardie win this Tec 35 CGC 5.5 EP on clink?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3F%5FSORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26f1%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2ETitle%252C%2Bi%2EIssueNumber%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire3%3DDESC%26pg%3D2%23Item%5F889518&id=889518

Sold for $4,927 - any comments on the sale price?

I think it went for a nice price. I was thinking this would get closer to 6K. hm

I agree! :grin: Between the appearance and the specific (extensive) resto, it's extremely similar to my copy, which I paid closer to $6K for (and was well pleased to do so). I think someone got a nice deal.

Last year around this time you could not even touch a Tec 35 with at least the front cover for under 5K+

How true that is. In retrospect, it's a bit embarrassing how much I was bidding on some extremely beat copies.

It still seems like $5K is the 'entry price' for any Tec 35 with a decent cover, no?

I sold a PR/FR raw Tec 35 with slight A resto for $5,100 a few months back.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270730117643

(thumbs u :applause:

not near as nice in hand...the scan doesn't tell the story...it is a 5.5 for a reason (don't get me wrong, it looks "fine", but doesn't look VF like the scan makes it appear too...)

Yeesh! Even with the grade right up there in the corner if I would be a bit disappointed to get a book that was that drastically different from the scan provided. Do you think the scan was "cleaned up"?

Yeesh! Even with the grade right up there in the corner if I would be a bit disappointed to get a book that was that drastically different from the scan provided. Do you think the scan was "cleaned up"?

nope, I don't...the defects (resto) just don't show up good in a scan...same when I owned it...scan looked better than actual book, but book still looks nice...don't get me wrong...just someone mentioned they thought it looked VF to me, and I informed them in hand it looks FN minus (thumbs u

nope, I don't...the defects (resto) just don't show up good in a scan...same when I owned it...scan looked better than actual book, but book still looks nice...don't get me wrong...just someone mentioned they thought it looked VF to me, and I informed them in hand it looks FN minus (thumbs u

This is a good reminder that it's difficult to grade accurately from a scan. Books can look much better or much worse than they really are.

This is a good reminder that it's difficult to grade accurately from a scan. Books can look much or much worse than they really are.

It really is. I will have to remember that if I am going to buy restored books based on a scan. Thanks for the info.

Just came in today :banana: Probably the toughest Tec book to find and the third copy I'[ve ever owned (sold my last two). This one is definitely much nicer than my previous two and with offwhite-white pages

Tec187.jpg

Freaking sweet!! And you said it, tough is all I've ever heard of this book.

Sweet pick up man! :applause::headbang:

I wondered what happened...I had my snipe all set, and poof, listing ended... I am sure the seller will regret that, but my guess is brian did great on it lol

and the book is rare in better than fine condition, but nothing "tough" about it in vg or lower...heck, I have had like 10 copies in the last few years, and we all know a certain boardie that has more than that :baiting:

;) Dang you sold all 10 of your copies? :o Did Bat-Hound scoop it all up?

I did purchase one from Rick, a nice 3.0 but have not included it in the group photo yet.

Detective187006.jpg

Just came in today :banana: Probably the toughest Tec book to find and the third copy I'[ve ever owned (sold my last two). This one is definitely much nicer than my previous two and with offwhite-white pages

Tec187.jpg

Freaking sweet!! And you said it, tough is all I've ever heard of this book.

Sweet pick up man! :applause::headbang:

I wondered what happened...I had my snipe all set, and poof, listing ended... I am sure the seller will regret that, but my guess is brian did great on it lol

and the book is rare in better than fine condition, but nothing "tough" about it in vg or lower...heck, I have had like 10 copies in the last few years, and we all know a certain boardie that has more than that :baiting:

;) Dang you sold all 10 of your copies? :o Did Bat-Hound scoop it all up?

I did purchase one from Rick, a nice 3.0 but have not included it in the group photo yet.

Detective187006.jpg

(worship)

No wonder this book is soo rare :tonofbricks: Bat Hound has about every copy that is left in existance!

lol I think he should change his name to Bat- Hoarder :popcorn:

I have a really nice copy otw to me :wishluck:

Can't wait to see it! :grin: Didn't you have a high graded copy of this issue? If so, could you share it with us :wishluck:

I do and I will...don't have a scan of the book and I am already in NC, but maybe next week if I can get to it...opening the new store however, is monopolizing all my time!

Can't wait to see it! :grin: Didn't you have a high graded copy of this issue? If so, could you share it with us :wishluck:

I do and I will...don't have a scan of the book and I am already in NC, but maybe next week if I can get to it...opening the new store however, is monopolizing all my time!

(thumbs u Have fun during opening day of your store :headbang:

do you have a copy for sale Rick??