• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I am under the impression we are specifically talking about the $3K vg/fn tec 36 that has been on the site for the past 4? months....that I was told was restored (I inquired about it the day it hit the site, brian and I exchangd emails on it, Vincent and I exchanged multiple emails on, and I left it at that), but that S. is saying wasn't restored?...if they had another 36 that didn't make it to the site, I would like to know about it (has been on my metro want list, for a while)...

rick

Yep, an unrestored tec 36 has also been on my wantlist and I emailed Vincent about it. I even called Vincent up concerning the VG/FN Tec 36 for $3000 which was on the website for yeah about 4 months and asked him again if it was restored, and he said it has been cleaned. Unless yea there was another tec 36 that didn't make it to the site. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Very interesting.. But if Steve is talking about another Tec 36 that wasn't on the site, then did someone else buy the VG/FN restored copy for $3k? Because its not on the site anymore.

DAMMIT- who snatched the 37 from metro- I was about to move on it!!!

they snatched the UNRESTORED 5.0 #36 I was thinking about as well frustrated.gif

hello all...

metro did not have an unrestored 5.0 #36 on their site yesterday?...Vin told me that the cover had been cleaned on that book ( the $3K copy)...otherwise, I would have had it long ago smile.gif

since I completed the tecs, I had not been hitting the detective part of the site daily, recently...was the 37 the $5900 copy?...that one looked pretty good, but it had been on their site since last year? or was this a new copy?

rick

ok, so now I'm confused, I remember they had 3 copies of Tec #36,

one 8.5 cvr cleaned for $7,390, (still on their site)

one 8.0 ct/cvr cleaned for $2,000 (still on their site)

and the 5.0 for $3,000, which is the one that is gone now, was this book restored ?? the listing didn't say anything about resto. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I called Vin too about the 5.0 tec 36 and he told me too that there is a high possibility that it was cleaned/restored. If it were unrestored, either myself or Rick would have picked it up when it first came out.

well, now I don't feel so bad about missing it,.. someone did buy it right ?

hello all...

we can assume so, since it is not listed on their site...don't feel bad, I had vin confirm the cover had been aqueously cleaned, if I remember correctly (but this was last year)...both brian and I had been looking at it...since an unrestored 36 is tops on my list (COOLJ, oh COOLJ...help a brother out!)....

but, I used to see a ton of 36's, so I am sure some will pop up sooner or later!

rick

I was wondering why one of you Tec guys hadn't snatched that one up, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, now I know.

Yep.. We are pretty much on top of things on Metro's Tec books. Rick, what condition is COOLJ's tec 36? Has he posted a pic on here yet? Thanks.

Brian

here ya go:

Tec36.jpg[/img]

You are thinking of the high grade #36 which has a cleaned cover. The VG/F does NOT have a cleaned cover.

Stephen

that is not what Vin told me (and brian, I believe) via email...or I would have bought that copy moons ago....seems we have a breakdown somewhere?

rick

The book is not cleaned. Just looked at it a moment ago. The book has a microdot of ct at the bottom of the spine. Would make it into a blue holder with a note about the color touch. The label on the book mentions the tiny amount of color touch. I assume it mentioned it on the website.

If Vin told you he thought it was cleaned, he was mistaken. I can tell it was not cleaned rather easily.

S

ok, since this was 4 months ago, I just re-read the email exchanges....first answer to my initial inquiry on the book: he (V) said he thought that the book had some work done to it, he thought it might have been cleaned (likely working from memory)...in my follow up email, I asked him if he could confirm what was done, and he did say it had color touch....so, my "bad"... but I still consider color touch restoration, so in the end, the color of the label cgc would give it is irrelevant, it is restored (albeit extremely minorly from S description)...

I feel better now...I apologize for incorrectly making the erroneous statement as to what work was done...sometimes just too many books, and not enough brain cells left...

rick

they snatched the UNRESTORED 5.0 #36 I was thinking about as well frustrated.gif

hello all...

metro did not have an unrestored 5.0 #36 on their site yesterday?...Vin told me that the cover had been cleaned on that book ( the $3K copy)...otherwise, I would have had it long ago smile.gif

since I completed the tecs, I had not been hitting the detective part of the site daily, recently...was the 37 the $5900 copy?...that one looked pretty good, but it had been on their site since last year? or was this a new copy?

rick

ok, so now I'm confused, I remember they had 3 copies of Tec #36,

one 8.5 cvr cleaned for $7,390, (still on their site)

one 8.0 ct/cvr cleaned for $2,000 (still on their site)

and the 5.0 for $3,000, which is the one that is gone now, was this book restored ?? the listing didn't say anything about resto. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I called Vin too about the 5.0 tec 36 and he told me too that there is a high possibility that it was cleaned/restored. If it were unrestored, either myself or Rick would have picked it up when it first came out.

well, now I don't feel so bad about missing it,.. someone did buy it right ?

hello all...

we can assume so, since it is not listed on their site...don't feel bad, I had vin confirm the cover had been aqueously cleaned, if I remember correctly (but this was last year)...both brian and I had been looking at it...since an unrestored 36 is tops on my list (COOLJ, oh COOLJ...help a brother out!)....

but, I used to see a ton of 36's, so I am sure some will pop up sooner or later!

rick

I was wondering why one of you Tec guys hadn't snatched that one up, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, now I know.

Yep.. We are pretty much on top of things on Metro's Tec books. Rick, what condition is COOLJ's tec 36? Has he posted a pic on here yet? Thanks.

Brian

here ya go:

Tec36.jpg[/img]

Awesome book! No plans of selling it huh?

You are thinking of the high grade #36 which has a cleaned cover. The VG/F does NOT have a cleaned cover.

Stephen

that is not what Vin told me (and brian, I believe) via email...or I would have bought that copy moons ago....seems we have a breakdown somewhere?

rick

The book is not cleaned. Just looked at it a moment ago. The book has a microdot of ct at the bottom of the spine. Would make it into a blue holder with a note about the color touch. The label on the book mentions the tiny amount of color touch. I assume it mentioned it on the website.

If Vin told you he thought it was cleaned, he was mistaken. I can tell it was not cleaned rather easily.

S

ok, since this was 4 months ago, I just re-read the email exchanges....first answer to my initial inquiry on the book: he (V) said he thought that the book had some work done to it, he thought it might have been cleaned (likely working from memory)...in my follow up email, I asked him if he could confirm what was done, and he did say it had color touch....so, my "bad"... but I still consider color touch restoration, so in the end, the color of the label cgc would give it is irrelevant, it is restored (albeit extremely minorly from S description)...

I feel better now...I apologize for incorrectly making the erroneous statement as to what work was done...sometimes just too many books, and not enough brain cells left...

rick

Definitely some new information I just read above. Didn't know anything about color touch on the spine because I believe it wasn't stated in the "comment" section. Nice book though.

Gee. I wonder what my unrestored VF copy of #36 is worth?

S

I wonder too... Do you happen to have a scan of the book? It seems like GA books just "grows" in your store. If a particular book sells, another one pops up right after.

Brian

Not really; I'm trying to put together a run too! (mine will stop at 37 though). It would take a pretty sweet more fun 60, adventure 40, better tec or something to make me move this book.

J...I have an Adv 40 on the way in 2.0/2.5 893crossfingers-thumb.gif....my MF 60 is only a 3.0 frown.gif, but I am working on getting a 6.0 raw from a friend...but, like J, he wants something in return to part with the MF 60, which I have no leads on, so it is all getting to complicated for me!

rick

S

ummm...$25K 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I also wanted to thank S. for taking a few minutes to talk to me about the 36 behind the scenes...I feel much better now!

rick

S

I also wanted to thank S. for taking a few minutes to talk to me about the 36 behind the scenes...I feel much better now!

rick

Definitely too rich for my blood. Besides I'm looking for an unrestored 4.0-5.0 Tec 36.

S

rick

Definitely too rich for my blood. Besides I'm looking for an unrestored 4.0-5.0 Tec 36.

coincidence, so am I poke2.gif....but, I am confident one or more will make their way to the marketplace at some point in the future....and to be honest, the Cosmic A. copy that brian and I debated on who should go ahead and get, a few months ago, is pretty darn sweet...

rick

S

rick

coincidence, so am I poke2.gif....but, I am confident one or more will make their way to the marketplace at some point in the future....and to be honest, the Cosmic A. copy that brian and I debated on who should go ahead and get, a few months ago, is pretty darn sweet...

rick

Yeah, that Cosmic A. books is sweet! Very nice pickup as I have almost picked it up, but I decided to go for a 31. I think we made some good decisions there. Darnit, so you're also looking for a mid-grade copy of tec 36!?! I don't want to go up against you again. Hopefully there would be at least 2 that will come up sometime soon. I thought that you were looking for any grade, even a higher graded unrestored. Besides, I'm also looking for a mid-grade unrestored 37, which I know you have a Tec 37 already.. So I don't have to compete against you headbang.gif

Brian

Yeah, that Cosmic A. books is sweet! Very nice pickup as I have almost picked it up, but I decided to go for a 31. I think we made some good decisions there. Darnit, so you're also looking for a mid-grade copy of tec 36!?! I don't want to go up against you again. Hopefully there would be at least 2 that will come up sometime soon. I thought that you were looking for any grade, even a higher graded unrestored. Besides, I'm also looking for a mid-grade unrestored 37, which I know you have a Tec 37 already.. So I don't have to compete against you headbang.gif

Brian

WTB (in unrestored gd or better) : Detective 28,29, 36, 38

I will take gd or better, as long as it is not a frankenbook....in fact, I love gd/vg because often you get more "bang" for your buck...

rick

S

rick

rick

Brian

The Cosmic Aeroplane Det #36 may be nice, however, I hear that it has so much work done to it that it was actually the Cosmic Aeroplane Det #46 before it was restored.

poke2.gif

The Cosmic Aeroplane Det #36 may be nice, however, I hear that it has so much work done to it that it was actually the Cosmic Aeroplane Det #46 before it was restored.

poke2.gif

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Edited by Detective27kid

That's hilarious. I saw that book last night and thought to myself "decent price" and almost made an impulse buy. Seems to happen every other day lately.

Yah, just like the Marvel 5 swipe!

That's hilarious. I saw that book last night and thought to myself "decent price" and almost made an impulse buy. Seems to happen every other day lately.

Yah, just like the Marvel 5 swipe!

So I heard. Does anyone have a pic or know the grade of the Marvel 5?