• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Nice pickup on the Tec #31, I'm surprised it sat there unsold for as long as it did.
only because of the PQ, which is probably some little spine split somewhere, on an otherwise nice paged copy (shrug)
yah, crack it out Alex, and see if it's likely 99% cr/ow (thumbs u

Or the spine may turn to dust :sick: but I'm sure it's 99% crm/ow

I was thinking about doing it eventually - and re-subbing to get the new case and modern label. (Not for a higher grade - but it would be nice)

I am a little scared to crack now though. :eek:

I have owned very few brittle or slightly brittle books in my time but when I have the books always look darker and on the one brittle book I owned the pages where almost brown.

But that is not the case on this Tec 31 - pages look at worst cream/ow but I suspect better.

And like you said gator, primetime, and t3quila it may be 99% say cream/ow or better but 1% might be slightly brittle somewhere - surely could be the spine area. It is slightly darker there. hm

might be worth the re-sub..hard to say if the grade or PQ would bump :wishluck:

definitely NOT worth paying for a resub....only way slightly brittle pages can go is the same, or south... leave as is (thumbs u

Agreed - or what I might do is crack it, carefully remove the brittle portions of the comic, maybe just cut the spine off and then re-submit hm

:insane::insane::insane:

Agreed - or what I might do is crack it, carefully remove the brittle portions of the comic, maybe just cut the spine off and then re-submit hm

:makepoint:

Didn't Jason Ewert do something similar? :baiting:

Didn't Jason Ewert do something similar? :baiting:

Is this a joke as well - or did someone actually do that? EXT Resto? :sick:

Or you can have the interior lightened so the pages won't look tannish

I am not going to do any resto on this. This one I am keeping for the long haul and want to keep it genuine. :cool:

Also - the pages don't look tannish from what I can tell. Cream/ow in color at worst but somewhere this is a little brittle area.

We were saying in some earlier posts the books pages may be 99% cream/ ow or better and that it only takes 1% (we think spine area) of brittle somewhere to get the "slightly brittle" slapped on for page quality of the whole book.

I am not going to do any resto on this. This one I am keeping for the long haul and want to keep it genuine. :cool:

Also - the pages don't look tannish from what I can tell. Cream/ow in color at worst but somewhere this is a little brittle area.

We were saying in some earlier posts the books pages may be 99% cream/ ow or better and that it only takes 1% (we think spine area) of brittle somewhere to get the "slightly brittle" slapped on for page quality of the whole book.

that is true, or the entire spine, or every wrap could be slightly brittle and get SB, or the edges could be ,etc... tough to know without calling cgc or opening and inspecting yourself

I was just pulling your leg. I'd leave it as is (thumbs u

that is true, or the entire spine, or every wrap could be slightly brittle and get SB, or the edges could be ,etc... tough to know without calling cgc or opening and inspecting yourself

Very true - just speculation until I (if I) crack it. hm

The Slightly Brittle page quality does not bother me - but it is "slightly" annoying not knowing why. From what I can tell the area maybe the lower left of the spine area that is slightly brittle. Good news is though the book (at least cover wise) is all intact from what I can tell except a little tiny tiny piece is out from the bottom left...

Is it just me or does this baby display worlds above its technical grade?

Edited by Bat-Man

Very true - just speculation until I (if I) crack it. hm

The Slightly Brittle page quality does not bother me - but it is "slightly" annoying not knowing why. From what I can tell the area maybe the lower left of the spine area that is slightly brittle. Good news is though the book (at least cover wise) is all intact from what I can tell except a little tiny tiny piece is out from the bottom left...

Is it just me or does this baby display worlds above its technical grade?

that is the best kind of book (thumbs u

Finally got this book, first purchase for the year and I'm really pleased :cloud9:

lf-1.jpg

and at quite the bargain too, makes it doubly sweet :cloud9:

It was a bargain price, and you're right, it's doubly sweet

Finally got this book, first purchase for the year and I'm really pleased :cloud9:

lf-1.jpg

Stunning book doc!

But, probably only you, gator and george would refer to an 8.5 pre-robin tec as being a bargain.

lol

lf-1.jpg

Stunning book doc!

But, probably only you, gator and george would refer to an 8.5 pre-robin tec as being a bargain.

lol

but it was a bargain lol

Heck, I'd have bid on it if I knew Gator wasn't.

Anything Gator doesn't bid on goes for a bargain.

:insane:

I have changed my buying methods of late, which is why I haven't won anything :cry:

I have changed my buying methods of late, which is why I haven't won anything :cry:

Actually this is my first pre Robin Tec that either George or Rick haven't owned

Act

Actually this is my first pre Robin Tec that either George or Rick haven't owned

:applause: