• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

IMG_1461.jpg

It's official - my dog hates Detectives. :P

lol Nice pic! Love how he sticks his tongue out too

just don't let him cofuse the comic for kibbles and bits

Haha! yeah really! The comic is actually farther away form her than it appears. I could flex before she could attempt anything. lol

If she did -she would have to find a new home. :roflmao:

Here are my top two favorite books out of my entire collection

Tec 28 - Since its the 2nd Batman and my earliest Batman.

Tec 31 - My Favorite Batman Cover and Cover in general of all time.

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

Niiiiice! :applause:

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

you gonna put your whole collection on those fancy stands? :)

my kids and dog would have those down and shattered in about fifteen minutes

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

you gonna put your whole collection on those fancy stands? :)

my kids and dog would have those down and shattered in about fifteen minutes

Nice Tecs! (thumbs u I have those comic stands too and they work great. Definitely should not be displayed near dogs or other type of animals...otherwise, it's re-holder time. lol

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Nice pickup on the Tec #31, I'm surprised it sat there unsold for as long as it did.
only because of the PQ, which is probably some little spine split somewhere, on an otherwise nice paged copy (shrug)

Nice pickup on the Tec #31, I'm surprised it sat there unsold for as long as it did.
only because of the PQ, which is probably some little spine split somewhere, on an otherwise nice paged copy (shrug)
yah, crack it out Alex, and see if it's likely 99% cr/ow (thumbs u

Or the spine may turn to dust :sick: but I'm sure it's 99% crm/ow

First off thank you everyone for your kind words on my two favorite books!

Been a long time coming on both and I finally was able to pick up these two earlier this year. :acclaim:

I remember looking at a comic book back in the 90's called "Batman Gallery" which is the first time I had really gotten a good look at the Tec 31 cover. Ever since that moment it has been my most sought after Tec and my favorite comic cover and comic image of all. Never thought I would own a Tec 31 since it is so highly sought out and demands so much $$$

The basic equation to purchasing a Tec 31 as we all know is:

1. Finding one at all

+

2. Having the funds available to snatch it up

I guess the stars aligned this year (availability and money wise) and I was able to pick this baby up. Very very thrilled. :cloud9:

My personal grail (Tec 31) was acquired in January and I have never been happier!

:whee:

I was thinking about doing it eventually - and re-subbing to get the new case and modern label. (Not for a higher grade - but it would be nice)

I am a little scared to crack now though. :eek:

I have owned very few brittle or slightly brittle books in my time but when I have the books always look darker and on the one brittle book I owned the pages where almost brown.

But that is not the case on this Tec 31 - pages look at worst cream/ow but I suspect better.

And like you said gator, primetime, and t3quila it may be 99% say cream/ow or better but 1% might be slightly brittle somewhere - surely could be the spine area. It is slightly darker there. hm

I was thinking about doing it eventually - and re-subbing to get the new case and modern label. (Not for a higher grade - but it would be nice)

I have owned very few brittle or slightly brittle books in my time but when I have the books always look darker and on the one brittle book I owned the pages where almost brown.

But that is not the case on this Tec 31 - pages look at worst cream/ow but I suspect better.

And like you said gator, primetime, and t3quila it may be 99% say cream/ow or better but 1% might be slightly brittle somewhere - surely could be the spine area. It is slightly darker there. hm

might be worth the re-sub..hard to say if the grade or PQ would bump :wishluck:

First off thank you everyone for your kind words on my two favorite books!

Been a long time coming on both and I finally was able to pick up these two earlier this year. :acclaim:

I remember looking at a comic book back in the 90's called "Batman Gallery" which is the first time I had really gotten a good look at the Tec 31 cover. Ever since that moment it has been my most sought after Tec and my favorite comic cover and comic image of all. Never thought I would own a Tec 31 since it is so highly sought out and demands so much $$$

The basic equation to purchasing a Tec 31 as we all know is:

1. Finding one at all

+

2. Having the funds available to snatch it up

I guess the stars aligned this year (availability and money wise) and I was able to pick this baby up. Very very thrilled. :cloud9:

My personal grail (Tec 31) was acquired in January and I have never been happier!

:whee:

not super hard to find IMO. :grin: having the funds---that is true.

might be worth the re-sub..hard to say if the grade or PQ would bump :wishluck:

definitely NOT worth paying for a resub....only way slightly brittle pages can go is the same, or south... leave as is (thumbs u